• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

The Penguins really want Ryan Kesler

Still, most of the heat surrounds Kesler and the Penguins. Part of the reasoning behind that: we know they want him. Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero has already offered center Brandon Sutter, Vancouver's pick of defensemen Simon Despres and Brian Dumoulin, and a first-round pick, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

It seems like that would be a huge upgrade for a team that's really top-heavy.

I'm seeing rumors the Flyers are putting up a "significant package" to get Kesler.

In true fashion, though, I suspect there will tons more rumors and virtually no real trade movement.

Hopefully just driving the price up for the Pens. Kesler is great, but two-way center is not high on the list of the Flyers' needs. Plus the price seems like it could get silly.

I'm hoping that the Pens add Pouiliot to the deal to get it done. That way they will have traded everything they got for Jordan Staal to essentially replace Jordan Staal.

ETA Friedman: Hockey Night in Canada30 Thoughts: Stanley Cup contenders line up for Ryan Kesler

Flyers deal would have to start with Sean Couturier i would think, maybe Moran and their 1st this year. They need a top 4 defenseman more i'd think. I don't think they have the cap room to do anything. Only 3 mil in cap space. Kessler is 5 mil, prorated is still over 3. They need to dump Downie.

Flyers do have Kessels brother though, which could help.

2013-2014 NHL Season Thread – this time lets play 82

Flurry of deals going down right now.

Penner to Washington for a fourth. Anaheim immediately trades the pick to Dallas for Robidas.

Bryzgalov to the Wild

@CanesReport: Summary of last 15 min: WSH 4th to ANA to Penner, ANA 4th to DAL for Robidas, MIN 4th to EDM for Bryzgalov.

The Caps got Penner for only a 4th? Crazy.

Dustin Penner's personality with Ovi's personality should result in some laughs.

Dustin Penner's personality with Ovi's personality should result in some laughs.

So much for "high prices." Big names moving for mid-round draft picks. None of the really big names moving yet. Although Mckenzie says Rangers and Callahan close to a new deal.

Twitter + trade deadline = no productivity

Agreed. Luckily I have very little to do today!

Flyers talking to the Jets about Evander Kane. Now THAT makes more sense. He's so Flyer-ish.

The Caps being buyers for a top 6 winger is a sports groundhog day. Don't worry about the issues on defense, just need to light the lamp 6 times per game and we're good!!

How in the world did we get Penner for a 4th round pick? Did not one else offer more? That seems crazy.

Dustin Penner ‏@Dustinpenner25 11m
.@BarackObama hey i know this is last minute & I hate asking on such short notice but can I crash for a few days? I'm great with kids

2013-2014 NHL Season Thread – this time lets play 82

Luongo to the Panthers for Markstrom.

Last edited:
Back