• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Watch out for the Ducks - they're back in playoff contention, beating SJ and LA this week. They can further separate themselves from the Coyotes tonight, too.

Hey, when did the Canes move back into the realm of playoff contention?

2015-2016 NHL Season Thread – Three on Three OTs For All

Hey, when did the Canes move back into the realm of playoff contention?

Came on in December...probably need to win 20 of their last 30 to have a realistic shot of getting in. I only see 12-15 wins on their remaining schedule.

Last edited:
Avs probably lose this game but it is chippy as fuck and fun to watch. Consolation for the probable slip out of playoff spot in the next couple days.

Buff signed a 5 year, $38 million extension yesterday with Winnipeg.

Speculation now dead.

Some reading for those looking forward to the draft - Auston Matthews is the consensus #1, but the next two are expected to be really good as well:

TSN Mid-Season Draft Ranking topped by Big Three

And this will be the first year that the top three spots will be chosen by lottery. Can we all agree to rig the lottery so that Edmonton doesn't get a top three pick? They are currently tied for last place after these draft picks:

2010 1st
2011 1st
2012 1st
2013 7th
2014 3rd
2015 1st

YO, there was just a nine-player trade between the Maple Leafs and the Sens with the major piece being Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf, and the Sens announced it on Twitter. So hop onto the Twitters if you're looking for hockey freak-outs.

Biggest surprise - no salary retention. Phaneuf is on the second year of a seven-year deal.

Also, General Fanager has already been updated. That was fast.

And the Caps continue dominating...well, almost everything. They're the top of the NHL table by 6 points, with 5 games in hand. I read on the twitter machine that they're the first team to post 39 wins in their first 52 games (since the schedule was expanded to 82 games).

1st GF
2nd GA
1st PP
4th PK

Holtby is 34-5-3 and needs 15 wins in the final 30 games to break Brodeur's record. Ovi recently became only the third player in NHL history to have 11+ straight 30 goal seasons to begin career.

If I could somehow trade all of these fucking stats for a modicum of playoff success, I would. And I know these players would, too.

Nice win for the Stars last night. Just blew out the Hawks in the first and held on. I still expect Chicago to win the Central, but should really help the team's confidence. Also, hopefully Lehtonen's fragile mindset will be helped with 2 great starts in a row.

Pissed I don't have my seats for the Caps tomorrow.

Chasing Crawford and Holtby in back to back games is damn impressive. Stars have to close the deal better. How awesome would a Caps Stars final be? I can only dream.

7.5 years and counting since Washington beat Dallas. Streaks are streaky.

The Stars are such a treat to watch. Saturday night's game was polished and smooth.

7.5 years and counting since Washington beat Dallas. Streaks are streaky.

The Stars are such a treat to watch. Saturday night's game was polished and smooth.

That really makes no sense. Lots of bad Stars teams in that stretch.

Ditto about watching the Caps. I love Ovechkin and Kutznetsov.

I was worried about Seguin's arm laceration, but it looks like he will play tonight.

Shayne Gostisbehere extended his NHL rookie defenseman record point streak to thirteen games last night. He's now tied for the fifth longest rookie point streak. Also, this amazing dive happened:

LqAhe9u.gif

Back