• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Caps trade Brooks Laich for Daniel Winnik and cap space. They have two roster spots available. Is another move coming?

That's gotta suck as a player to go from the Caps to the Maple Leafs right now, btw.
Better than going to Edmonton.

I wonder if Philly can catch Pittsburgh for a playoff spot. They're in good form (beating up on Western Conference garbage) and have a more favorable schedule down the stretch.

Three points and a game in hand could be tough to beat, especially with Voracek missing time, but they do have three more head-to-head matchups. Philly could really use the Caps help tonight!

PIT will make it in all likelihood, too much talent and Sullivan has them turned around. Boston or maybe Detroit would be more realistic targets.

Hope Philly can keep it interesting doe, otherwise it's gonna be a really boring Eastern Conf playoff race. And the West isn't much better. Had been a lot of parity this year but a lot of teams went in the tank the last couple weeks

Last edited:
Three points and a game in hand could be tough to beat, especially with Voracek missing time, but they do have three more head-to-head matchups. Philly could really use the Caps help tonight!

Now it's just three points. Two of those three matchups are in the final 8 days of the season...could be interesting.

It's sad and weird to see Brooks Laich in Toronto blue. He gets to play at Verizon one more time this season tonight.

I expect an awesome tribute and lots of love from the fans.

On June 28, 2011, Laich signed a six-year, $27 million contract extension worth $4.5 million per season.

Goals per season since 2011:

2011-2012: 16
2012-2013: 1
2013-2014: 8
2014-2015: 7
2015-2016: 1

I was OUT on Brooksy!

The Flyers have outshot the Lightning 30-8 through two periods.

The score is 1-1.

Feels like a "throw the remote at the TV" kind of loss is incoming.

All's well that ends well, avalon.

I wonder how late I can stay up for Caps @ Ducks tonight.

Was def worth staying up for Caps last night. Yet another slow start, but other than the first minute I thought we played well. Holtby with his best game in nearly 2 months.

All's well that ends well, avalon.

8d7ad074d7bd6fd895970ab1d4384a53.png
d994d82867f8f0ce850fd56fb569e831.png

The Canes have moved on to open tryouts with their games. Lots of call ups and send downs to see who can play.

Maybe the most fun game of the season in Raleigh last night. High drama, small but vocal crowd...had a blast.

Caps down 3-0 in the third in LA and somehow escape with a point. This is a bad trend though - given up the first goal in 12 of the last 14.

And yet, 9-4-1 in that stretch. That's the kind of resiliency that can lead to deep playoff runs, right? Please?

LA/Anaheim and Chicago/St. Louis would be great opening round playoff series.

30 Thoughts: Making the NHL’s development model better

Lots of Caps stuff this week.

22. Tried to find a funny tale or two about Brooks Laich from his former teammates. The best one: how his love of photography got him in hot water. According to a couple of players, Laich hooked up a camera to a drone and used it to take some tremendous photos. “It was pretty cool, actually,” said one teammate, who started laughing when adding, “Until Brooks learned it was probably not a good idea to do that in Washington.” He wouldn’t specify what happened, which building was involved or any punishment. “He took it on the road instead.”

Back