• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Arbitrator cuts Dennis Wideman's suspension to 10 games

Unfortunately he's already served 19 days.

In his 18-page ruling, Oldham said Bettman's conclusion that Wideman intentionally hit Henderson "is not endorsed in this appeal because, in my opinion, that conclusion is not substantially supported by the totality of the evidence."

"Taking into account Wideman's 11 years of discipline-free performance as a professional hockey player, there is no occasion to go beyond the 10-game minimum," Oldham wrote.

Bettman's gonna be so angry!

CdUEDuwWIAAXRGY.jpg

The Central race may be the best storyline as the season comes to an end.

Blues at Stars tonight in a huge tilt.

PIT will make it in all likelihood, too much talent and Sullivan has them turned around. Boston or maybe Detroit would be more realistic targets.

You right. Red Wings holding on to the 8 seed at the moment.

Detroit 79 points (70 games played)
Philadelphia 78 points (68 games played)

Also, the Caps clinched a playoff spot. Which is crazy because it is March 16th.

Let's go!

I wasn't so sure that Kuzy was onside in OT last night, though. Whenever Kuzy & Ovi have offensive zone possession in OT, there's got to be a > 50% chance they score.

Yeah, he wasn't. NHL can't risk having the 'Canes in the playoffs, I guess

Yeah, that's rough. These were the rules for the 2000 expansion draft:

26 of the 28 teams existing in the league at the time of the draft were each allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards. The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators had their entire rosters protected, as they were the two newest franchises in the league, only being in existence for one and two years respectively.

Hopefully they'll move in that direction a bit.

In other news....

The Flyers are in a playoff spot.

Arbitrator cuts Dennis Wideman's suspension to 10 games

Unfortunately he's already served 19 days.

Bettman's gonna be so angry!

I would love to hear an explanation as to how cross-checking a ref in the back of the head is anything other than intentional.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's rough. These were the rules for the 2000 expansion draft:

Hopefully they'll move in that direction a bit.

In other news....

The Flyers are in a playoff spot.

Thank You for beating the Hawks

I thought the NHL got it right (Wideman ruling). Not sure what planet the independent arbitrator is from.

LA secured a playoff spot several days ago.

Also, with 10 games left in the season, the Caps have sewn up the Eastern Conference :dancindeac:

LA secured a playoff spot several days ago.

Also, with 10 games left in the season, the Caps have sewn up the Eastern Conference :dancindeac:

My bad. I've been very Central centric. I'm thinking LA and Anaheim are the strongest in the West, but the Stars have me excited.

Please keep trying need y'all to beat the Blues.

Was a huge W for Dallas last night. Beat the 'hawks now so you don't have to later (at least until the conf semis)

Think Detroit will have to win 5 of 7 to make the playoffs, which will be tough if they play like they did last night. 2 games with Montreal, 1 with Buffalo, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, and Philly. 5 wins is certainly possible with that schedule, but they have to start scoring.

Was a huge W for Dallas last night. Beat the 'hawks now so you don't have to later (at least until the conf semis)

I'm thinking the Blues win the Central. Stars/ Hawks finish 2-3 and play first round. I'm okay with that having blown them out in 4 of 5 games. We've chased the starting goalie in three straight. The Stars match/beat their speed and are more physical.

Back