• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

We certainly got a shake-up in the West. No more Hawks, Sharks, or the already absent Kings.

washington-chokersh-copy.jpg

I saw you bumped this - I thought maybe you were going to compare this statistically extremely-close series (goals, shots, and wins all as close as possible), to the 2015 one between Washington and the Rangers.

Should have expected a .gif, obviously.

What a fun series that was.

What a surprise - two teams with the most points in the regular season play each other in round 2.

Washington's record in series against anyone-but-Pittsburgh: 14-18.
Washington's record in series against Pittsburgh: 1-8.

Caps favored to win the series. Time to make some easy money (or just be happy if the Caps advance)!

Last edited:
Was gonna say, not much history in the remaining series -- save Pitt-Wash.

Keep it goin', Perds!!!!

My power went out right before OT started last night fuuuu

I quickly downloaded the NHL app and listened to the man, the myth, the legend John Walton with the series winning call (while I was in the dark).

Wasn't a bad one, just kind of a fluke thing. Hopefully he'll be alright though so rumors out there suggest they could be pretty debilitating injuries.

Good games last night otherwise. Would love a Perds-Oil WCF

Our boy Johnny Forslund still getting work in the second round. Well deserved.

Forslund is really fantastic. He did play by play for one of my daughter's games a couple years ago, and was just a great guy all around. Glad to see that NBC thinks highly of him as well.

'Canes secure exclusive negotiating rights with Scott Darling.

Hope he's the answer

More like Canes blow a 3rd round pick for the right to talk to Darling before he gets to free agency and gets offered a bigger deal elsewhere. Why would the dude just pull the trigger here when he could hit free agency and see what his options are?

Back