• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Stark difference between the East and West Wild Card chases this year. That said the race to get in in the West could be a fantastically entertaining crapshoot

I have such a man crush on Miro

TURBO! Nice to get an OT win for once! Hell of a team effort, needed this going into MSG (our Kryptonite) tomorrow.

I’m just going to put this out there; while watching Jeff Skinner play like a banshee this season, does anyone else feel like he wasn’t giving his all his last few seasons in Raleigh? Because when I watch Sabres games it’s like I’m watching a completely different player from the Skinner I watched last season. This is how everyone expected him to play after he won his Calder Trophy. It really made me sick to my stomach watching him house those two beauties against us tonight.

Glad to get the win, but that loser point has a lot of potential to bite us down the road.

We managed a very tough stretch well, but I've seen this February surge before. Hopefully we can keep it up for two more months.

Also be nice if someone above us totes falls apart, I'm gaining confidence we can best those below

Canes are really coming on out of the huge hole they had dug. This looked to be a really tough part of their remaining schedule and they are making up ground. Gotta keep it going.

Finally above .500 and the top 3 in the division are within sight.

Last edited:
The Feb schedule has a lot of weaker teams on it before March when they face a lot of top tier teams. So stack points in Feb and hopefully tread enough water in March to get to the playoffs.

Still a very steep climb for this team.

Whew, was nervous that they might lose that one but a 4 goal third period ended that. Need some other teams in the standings to lose some games.

They played like a cup contender in that final period. Nice little road trip. Gotta keep it rolling, aren’t going to get any favors from the teams above us in the standings.

Going to have to get to several games over 500 to make the playoffs more than likely so we're just have to keep winning more than we lose. We just went 7-2 and one in 10 games where we played 8 on the road so that's a good start

The West is so wacky. There are 5 teams realistically competing for the 8 seed, none of which would smell the playoffs in the East.

And not included in that group are the Blues who have miraculously gone from DFL in the league to 3rd in their division in 2019.

A little early to do this but not a bad night last night with CBJ and the Habs losing and getting zero points and nothing for their souls. If we're gonna make it I think we're gonna have to beat out one of those two, they seem to me to be the most vulnerable targets.

Should be the Isles but Lamoriello seems to have morphed them into the mid-90s Devils

Back