• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

So much for the Jackets being the team Carolina can catch. Better hope the Habs eventually fall off.

All the extra playoff games may be starting to wear on Pittsburgh too. There's options.

Does make the path to avoid the Ning harder, certainly -- though I did see the CBJ beat writer saying he wouldn't be surprised if they still traded Panarin

So much for the Jackets being the team Carolina can catch. Better hope the Habs eventually fall off.

Came here to post this. I laughed when I saw the trade announced and immediately regretted saying that Columbus was vulnerable. I’ll go ahead and say Pittsburgh will be the team left out of the Canes make the playoffs.

Man, this Columbus situation is nuts. They're literally going all in for a Cup this season (assuming Bread isn't traded by Monday).

It's going to be really awkward if they don't make the playoffs or draw Tampa in round 1 :couch:

CANES. In the playoffs as we speak. 21 games left. Probably have to win at least 60% of those games to sniff the postseason. Sabres lost in a shootout tonight, Canadiens routed the Flyers. No need to watch out for teams from behind anymore, the only real battle is the Pens, Habs, Jackets and Caps. Lets beat em all.

Playoff % Odds from two of my favorite sites (Sports Club Stats and Money Puck)

Washington 92.3% & 87.45%
Pittsburgh 80.8% & 74.92%
Montreal 80.6% & 82%
Columbus 75.1% & 76.06%
Carolina 61.9% & 73.13%

The latter is lower on Caps and Pens and higher on the remaining three.

They wore their reds last night in Florida. And the Panther fans dressed as empty seats.

BTW lost in the shuffle of the BB&T name change conversation...BB&T Center in Sunrise!

I'm having weird nostalgia today and can't think of the player on my mind. He either used to play for the Canes and would kill the Caps every time they matched up or it was the other way around, but I am completely blanking. I swear he transferred a few years back and you made a post about it, HTTD? Help me out

Dundon is from Tex right? Maybe he and the Stars' owner are bros

Duchene to CBJ

Oh yeah!!!!!!! The CBJ filled a HUGE hole in their lineup today. Now let's see what happens with Panarin. Too bad we can't keep him.

And Duchene's first game with the CBJ will be against the Senators in Ottawa tonight. That should be entertaining.

I'm having weird nostalgia today and can't think of the player on my mind. He either used to play for the Canes and would kill the Caps every time they matched up or it was the other way around, but I am completely blanking. I swear he transferred a few years back and you made a post about it, HTTD? Help me out

Wait it might have been Semin

Semin scored 27 goals against us in 41 career games -- would make sense!

Canes win again!

Not a good day scoreboard watching though. Every team around us winning with Pit still to play

Back