• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

*OFF TOPIC*

I'm looking to get some roller blades to play around in the driveway, and introduce my kids to hockey. I don't need anything special, just something that fits comfortably. Any recommendations? I figure my first stop will be Play It Again Sports.

I had some blades a few years back. My only advice is make sure they fit and are comfortable. If the fit isn't right, can be pretty painful to use.

Entering the playoffs, I felt there was a decent divide in the East between Tampa, then the Canes/Bruins/Caps (in some order), then the other four teams.

Canes have consistently looked like a team that deserves to keep advancing.

Agree with observations. Canes have the 3rd (?) best record in the NHL since January 1 and played a ton of meaningful games to even make the playoffs. Stanley Cup is a whole new season, but there has been limited change in their level of play - if anything, there has been an elevation.

We need to get healthy

Winning game 1 was enormous because the staff likely didn't feel as much pressure to bring Martinook and Svech back too quickly. I expect both to go in Game 3, and it sounds like Mrazek should be fine for Game 4, if not Wednesday. Love TVR, but losing him and Saku but getting Martinook and Svech back makes us a better team in Games 3-4 than we've been in 1-2. Fleury is a fine 6th defenseman, but I'd like to see him paired with someone other than Hamilton.

ETA: Svech practiced today and Martinook did not. I hope both can play at least limited minutes Wednesday and be back for full duty Sunday.

Last edited:
This has been an eventful third period :eek:

3rd Period
18:22
Patrick Maroon (2)
Assists: Tyler Bozak, Jay Bouwmeester
4 -3
15:52
Tyler Seguin (3)
Assists: Mats Zuccarello, Miro Heiskanen
3 -3
14:24
Alex Pietrangelo (1)
Assists: Jay Bouwmeester, Jaden Schwartz
3 -2
13:06
Andrew Cogliano (2) (Shorthanded)
Assists: Mattias Janmark
2 -2

Ferland back for practice today and looks like svech is cleared?

Wow. I expected Svech back for Game 3. Ferland would be HUGE.

ETA: apparently Ferland will likely not play tomorrow, but could be back for Game 4. I bet we have Svech and Martinook back for Game 3. That alone means were a much stronger team in Game 3 than we have been in 1-2.

Last edited:
Canes trade Fox to NYR for 2019 2nd rounder (pick 37) and 2020 conditional 3rd rounder (turns to a 2nd rounder if he plays >30 games next season)

And seemed to orchestrate a move to the Rangers, was dead set on playing for them, grew up a fan of theirs. Given all that pleasantly surprised we got what we got for him

Not to mention hockey karma biting Esa Lindell in the ass for all his flops. Dude dove 3 times in the second period, then was face down on the ice as Maroon scored game winner. Even if Maroon pushed off refs weren't calling anything due to his childish antics, what an embarrassment

https://deadspin.com/esa-lindell-kept-diving-and-diving-and-then-suffered-co-1834409834

Was thinking the same thing when Maroon scored. That type of bitchass hockey shouldn't be rewarded. I was so glad he was called for embellishment earlier...

Canes trade Fox to NYR for 2019 2nd rounder (pick 37) and 2020 conditional 3rd rounder (turns to a 2nd rounder if he plays >30 games next season)

Good riddens. Hope he's playing in the ECHL for the next 10 years. Really happy with the return on him too!

Back