• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Yep, beautiful job of finishing that sucker off. We have been a 5-on-5 machine at home in the playoffs. Imagine if we can get anything from the PP!!

Uno mas!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Cat 5 Hurricane Warning!

That was awesome. My Boy finally sees his first Canes win. It did probably ruin Canes regular season hockey for him forever, but c’est la vie.

Once you go to a playoff professional sports event, the regular season just pales in intensity comparison.

Once you go to a playoff professional sports event, the regular season just pales in intensity comparison.

Yep, I think that Hockey and Baseball are the two best sports for playoff excitement and intensity of play

But that aside, hell of a win last night! I felt like I was there...Place was electric!! Get the broomsticks out

Playoff Hockey > *

You can't beat the amped crowds, the on-ice intensity, the limitless match-up possibilities (higher seeds can actually win games...looking at you, NBA), and sudden-death overtime is insane.

I do agree that playoff baseball is miles better (and different) than regular season ball.

The crowd looked LIT last night

The last 5 minutes you could barely hear the commentators on TV. It looked and sounded awesome.

Heading to the game tomorrow night for work. The 4 corporate tickets I guess were allocated to a different group so we got the go ahead to buy some off StubHub. Came out to $500 per after taxes and fees wtf!!

Also I know very little about hockey or the Hurricanes but sounds like the atmosphere is going to be legit insane.

Really bugs me when media people try to taint the success of non-traditional or smaller market teams by claiming the league is going to be hurt if they play for the Championship. Prepare for a lot of national and/or Northeast media moaning about a Carolina/Columbus Eastern Conference Final or a Carolina or Columbus/St. Louis or San Jose etc. Cup Final. Think its great when every franchise has a chance for success not just the teams in NYC, Chicago, Boston, LA etc...

The league has had Crosby, Ovi, NY, LA, Chicago or Boston in every final dating back to '07 if we don't count the Ducks for LA. P good run -- think they can survive one year of not that. And ratings have been strong so far!

Back