• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Beat writers say 2 officials and 2 linesman who worked last nights game are done for the playoffs

That goal was way too easy, it might as well have been 5 on 2. Boston is good but this penalty killing unit has been just not even close to cohesive. It was essentially 5 on 3, McGinn was like cruising back up the ice while Boston was already in the zone, like where’s the hustle?

Yeah PK has been disappointing given our defensive talent.

Still gotta score goals though

Yeah this is over. Great season, though. I was thrilled to have finally made the playoffs; beating the Caps and sweeping the Isles has been gravy.

The whole series has been Boston blocking shots and our formerly great defense giving up absurd looks that few goalies could stop, let alone our cooling off goalies.

Bridge too far, TML and CBJ were probably better than anyone we faced prior to this. Bruins more experienced and battle tested and we lost our moj with the rest.

Big first step for the young core, now hopefully we won't be cheap and will add pieces to make another push next year

Bridge too far, TML and CBJ were probably better than anyone we faced prior to this. Bruins more experienced and battle tested and we lost our moj with the rest.

Big first step for the young core, now hopefully we won't be cheap and will add pieces to make another push next year

Hopefully with Dundon we'll be able to do that.

I fucking hate everything that is Boston sports. Fuck those dirty ass, spoiled rotten, white trash douchebag fans.

Was a fun-as-hell four-and-a-half months. Hopefully just the beginning! Can't remember the last time a team won the Cup without at least some playoff experience, even teams like the Pens, Bhawks and Kings needed a year to get their feet wet. We've certainly done that now

The past five months have been some of the most fun I’ve had as a sports fan. It’s been so, so awesome watching this community rediscover and embrace the organization. This is the first time in a long time I’ve been excited to come back and do this again in a few short months.

Side note: Boston fans are unbelievably shitty. A considerable number were removed from the arena these last two games and at least one contingent went on to key a bunch of cars in the parking lot. I hope we soon return to Boston sports being cursed because these people don’t deserve their success.

I came this close to getting into my first fight in 25 years with the idiot cuntknuckle Bruins fan who sloshed his beer all over my 10 year old son while explaining to him "its fucking over."

It was a great run but I view it a lot differently. To me it was a minor miracle the team got as far as they did. Playoff hockey is about being able to play different styles. The Canes are not a heavy team. They got through two series with the speed and finesse gig. Three was the bridge too far. And to really be in a better position to make another great run they still have plenty of retooling to do.

Don't the Canes have a ridiculous amount of cap space, and a lot of draft picks? Tough to see how they're not improved next year.

Sorry DeacMan, I don't think that's it. We had the playoff leader in hits on our team, and we were WORSE when we had a very physical element in Ferland in our lineup.

We also HEAVILY out hit Boston in this series, we had more hits than them in three of the four games, and 10+ more hits than them in the last two.

Boston is just a more experienced, deeper, better team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
If the two teams' power plays and kills are a wash, we may not even be having this conversation. The canes were a very good team but there were still a few sizeable holes.

Their style on offense of dump/chase and outwork on the boards to generate shots wasn’t working and what shot attempts they had got blocked constantly. Canes typically outshot their opponents this year but not in this series. I think I was more disappointed by the clean looks given up by the defense.

I probably watched a total of five periods, but Carolina did not impress me.

No creative forces on offense.

Back