• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Svech missed a dunk, Aho missed a 80% open net and mel couldn’t lift the puck on the breakaway. Rask didn’t do shit on any of the three

Also Turbo missed maybe the best chance of the game a minute in

You can’t miss that many open nets when Rask is this zoned in and expect to win. All you can do is play one shift at a time as hard and as well as possible and hope you can churn the cream into butter. Hope they can get at least one and make it a gentleman’s sweep...

Remember that next year when all the analysts again say getting a lot of rest is a good thing

Exiting Prem club Southampton chairman becoming Sabes coach. Had coached the Oilers before -- dude has had a really interesting career

Heading to the Checkers playoff game on Friday - excited to see some young talent, especially Alex Nedeljkovic, who won AHL goalie of the year. Think/hope he's the Canes' future.

Heard ESPN's prospects guy saying he was probably more likely a solid pro, very reliable backup and mediocre starter. Imagine he'll be up with the big squad next year though

Boston power play is just it another level from the Islanders particularly. Notice how quickly they get the puck back into the attacking zone after it's cleared.

NHL officials continue their stellar playoff run tonight....all 4 on ice officials miss an obvious hand pass by San Jose in the 1st OT, and they score the game winning goal seconds later. Play should have been blown dead. Not a reviewable play, according to the rule book.....good job, good effort!

Also missed a nonreviewable penalty earlier in the game where the Blues dumped it over the glass from their defensive zone.

Also missed a nonreviewable penalty earlier in the game where the Blues dumped it over the glass from their defensive zone.

I don't get why they can't/don't review these. It's a dead puck. Just check it out if it's in doubt.

I don't get why they can't/don't review these. It's a dead puck. Just check it out if it's in doubt.

Exactly...they missed one of those in Game 7 of the Caps/Canes series in overtime that thankfully didn't cost the Canes (and then, of course called the exact same penalty on the Canes later on in the OT period). It's like a missed goal tend/basket interference in basketball during the last minute or so of the game (i.e., the LSU @ Kentucky ending from earlier this year)....should be easy enough to review.

Guess Sharks due a season where they have a mammoth horseshoe up their ass after all their past pain

Yeah if the canes don’t make it I’d be fine to see the sharks finally break through and win a cup.

^^^ right because those poor sharks fans have been suffering for 25 years. Blues have 50+ years and have never won a finals game may I remind you

And NBC's love affair with Joe Thornton and old guy needs a cup narrative is being forced down our throats. Dude is a dirty player and no need to prop him up.

^^^ right because those poor sharks fans have been suffering for 25 years. Blues have 50+ years and have never won a finals game may I remind you

And NBC's love affair with Joe Thornton and old guy needs a cup narrative is being forced down our throats. Dude is a dirty player and no need to prop him up.

The media are already creaming themselves over the potential Thornton vs Boston Cup Finals. Blues are by far the more compelling story considering the franchises consistent regular season success and their perennial post season bad luck. Also, they were DEAD LAST in the West in early January. Sharks are a super team that shit themselves down the stretch and lucked their way into the WCF.

Great. I’d probably be fine with Blues too. Just not another Boston title.

Back