• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Hamilton's gotta keep his elbow down, he was doing some of this shit early in the Wash series too

Hamilton’s first penalty was complete dogshit, even the announcers were assuming that the call was on the Boston player blindsiding Svechnikov. Even if that was a pen on Dougie, that doesn’t negate the hit on Andrei. Utter thievery from the refs there...

Yeah shoulda at least been 4-on-4. Shouldn't matter if it was an accidental hit on Svech (and I don't think it was)

Shitty period + 5ish minutes for the canes. Need to keep composure. Sure those penalties were soft but the team was sloppy as hell in the third.

I’ve never understood when and why you pick a fight in hockey but I would loved someone to have just cold clocked one of these Boston cunts at the end. Possibly a ref or two while they were at it.

I didn’t know Boston Garden was Cameron Indoor

Can't afford to start slow either -- can't ruin overall control of the game with a few minutes of sloppyness

Refs directly decided this game. The NHL has the worst officiating of the major North American sports leagues. It’s just embarrassing how terrible they were tonight in the conference finals.

The whole outlook of the series changed with those 3 penalties in 5 minutes to start the 3rd period of game one. Refs completely screwed the Canes, then swallowed the whistle while Boston annihilated us.

I'm really surprised the Canes have made it this far. Playoff hockey typically requires a team that can play both fast and heavy to keep surviving and advancing. The Canes are good at the former and not so much at the later.

We do have the postseason leader in hits in Jordan Staal. And Faulk is top 10 too. Think you're again speaking out of your hat

Hope the building is juiced tonight because Carolina is going to need some kind of miracle to survive Boston.

We did it vs. Caps!

But Boston a much better team this season. Game 1 was a big missed opp (thanks in large part to refs) and I worry we lost the mojo we had since the start of the year with the six-day break

The Bruins are a much better team than Washington was. Deeper and missing any real glaring flaws in their game right now. Plus Rask is on a heater.

Boston has been a strong analytics team this year unlike the Caps too, less of an advantage there than we had in that series

The Bruins are a much better team than Washington was. Deeper and missing any real glaring flaws in their game right now. Plus Rask is on a heater.

Rask's play is critical. Canes have to place shots precisely as Rask isn't giving up any soft goals.

Back