• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Benn joins Ovi with the only players with 40 goals. First Star since Modano had 50 in 93-94. That year 23 players scored over 40

Stamkos out 1-3 months with a blood clot in his arm. WOWZERS.

Can we just cancel the Atlantic Division playoffs? Or just start up Pens-Caps to decide the East?

Everybody's favorite player John Scott has been called up by the Canadiens. Good for him.

The last days of the East will be interesting:

Team – points – opponents remaining
Detroit – 91 – Flyers, @ Bruins, @ Rangers
Philly – 91 – @ Red Wings, Maple Leafs, Penguins, @ Islanders
Boston – 90 – Hurricanes, Red Wings, Senators

The Bruins have the easiest remaining schedule, but have been struggling. The Red Wings have the most control over their destiny with games against both the Flyers and the Bruins. The Flyers have the extra game, but you can basically pencil in that Penguins game as a loss, the Flyers haven't been able to do a thing against them since the coaching change.

And the Flyers face the Red Wings on Wednesday night rivalry night on NBC Sports.

If the Hurricanes could take out the Bruins tomorrow, both redwing and I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Great come back by rangers. Henrik was insane after he let up the 2,early messy goals.

The last days of the East will be interesting:

Detroit – 91 – Flyers, @ Bruins, @ Rangers
Philly – 91 – @ Red Wings, Maple Leafs, Penguins, @ Islanders
Boston – 90 – Hurricanes, Red Wings, Senators

The Bruins have the easiest remaining schedule, but have been struggling. The Red Wings have the most control over their destiny with games against both the Flyers and the Bruins. The Flyers have the extra game, but you can basically pencil in that Penguins game as a loss, the Flyers haven't been able to do a thing against them since the coaching change.

And the Flyers face the Red Wings on Wednesday night rivalry night on NBC Sports.

If the Hurricanes could take out the Bruins tomorrow, both redwing and I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Would have been nice if the Canes could have taken care of business in regulation, but at least Boston didn't get 2. Can we at least agree to take it to OT tonight? I'm disappointed that the Isles have gone on a bit of a run here. Have to think they would have cracked if it came down to that last game against Philly.

Canes will be a playoff team in 16-17...mark it down.

Hoping we make a leap akin to Florida. They had a very similar season to ours last year.

They do have more top-shelf talent than we do, which happens when you pick #8 every year, but I think we can do it

Thanks a lot, redwing. Now Jimmy Howard decides to be good? I'm going to need your boys to take down Boston tonight, please. Update:

Detroit – 93 – @ Bruins, @ Rangers
Philly – 91 – Maple Leafs, Penguins, @ Islanders
Boston – 91 – Red Wings, Senators

I believe Detroit clinches third in the Atlantic with a win of any kind tonight.

Hey, I was rooting for OT... until Detroit scored first anyway. I think Mason played just as well as Howard did, but got a couple of unlucky breaks. The Red Wings actually have a chance at second in the Atlantic now, as they are two points back of TB with two to go. TB does have the tiebreaker, but they have been riddled with injuries lately, so is isn't crazy to think they might lose their last two. Definitely want the Wings to take care of business tonight though.

NBC executives are praying for Philly to finish in the 8 spot.

Regardless of final seedings in both conferences, there are going to be some excellent matchups.

[Ovi]Playoffs are best !1![/tweet]

They're not bad alternatives - they're big markets and teams with great history.

But because Philadelphia gets more media exposure & regular season national games (for better or worse) than both of those teams, are actually rivals with Washington, and there being tons of history/bad blood between the teams...that's why the execs can't hide their boners.

And they are sister companies, so makes sense. Philly is overexposed but I guess that's why

Fuck Brad Marchand. That needs to be said on a regular basis, but especially tonight.

Detroit has no energy out there tonight. Two back-to-backs in a week will do that.

At least Philly, shockingly, seems in the same boat so far.

WTF are the Isles doing? They really wanna play PIT instead of the Panthers, and have to deal with the Metro? Dumb

Back