• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Lame one of MTL/BOS/NYR/OTT will make the ECF. That will be a rout

All's well that ends well.

Tom Wilson scoring an OTGWG against his childhood team is sweet.

I streamed the entire game's radio broadcast on my phone. Besides destroying my data, it did help pass the time while driving to visit family.

Doesn't always work out this way, but this year the teams that were really scuffling down the stretch have not been able to right the ship in the playoffs.

Chicago, Columbus, Minnesota and the Sharks all in some deep doodoo

Edmonton and Nashville are very entertaining, and I am happy to see them do well.

The BJs can stop blowing it any time now. (Pardon the terrible pun)

The Oilers haven't been hugely entertaining thus far but I think that's largely down to the Sharks. Their skill guys look exhausted and I think they're just trying to grind out a series win, but don't think they'll be able to pull it off.

The Perds have a sneaky deep, good team, think they could go a ways. Would love them against the Blues. Always have a hard time eliminating the big boys though so we'll see if they can wrap this up

Some siiiick plays tonight. Karlsson with the touchdown pass, and Holtby going full sweeper keeper

Caps got what they deserved. One-way hockey the last half of that game

Doesn't always work out this way, but this year the teams that were really scuffling down the stretch have not been able to right the ship in the playoffs.

Chicago, Columbus, Minnesota and the Sharks all in some deep doodoo

Add my Rangers to the list. Looked great in game 1 but all Habs since AND were positively horrid in game 3. Without Lundquist they are lost....no speed, no passion, no fight and been out hustled by Montreal.

Maybe I am mis-reading what is taking place, but it appears that teams with the most speed are winning, even if they lack size. Look at the Pens last year and this year-- very fast, even without Letang; and Leafs young team is very fast. They are giving the Caps more than they want, which is fun to watch for me.

The Leafs' speed was no doubt particularly striking last night.

Some great team cohesion too. Caps have some serious work to do

Maybe I am mis-reading what is taking place, but it appears that teams with the most speed are winning, even if they lack size. Look at the Pens last year and this year-- very fast, even without Letang; and Leafs young team is very fast. They are giving the Caps more than they want, which is fun to watch for me.

You're not mis-reading....and those teams are HITTING bigger guys big-time. Play-off hockey is indeed fun to watch.

Back