• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Anyone paying attention to the Canes? They currently sit in the second wild card spot after blanking the Pens 4-0 in Pittsburg last night. They're starting to play some good hockey lately.

I wouldn't want to see them in a first round playoff matchup.

Do we not suck?

To be fair, Sweden is extremely good. I expect the US to win Bronze, and also expect Sweden to beat Canada for Gold.

ETA: sorry, thought this was about Team USA, not the Canes.

Canes had a great performance last night in a building where we’ve been a dumpster fire for a decade. Signs of progress to be sure.

Even if PIT gets it together I think we could chase down a CBJ NYR or NJD ahead of us. Ward needs to keep balling tho or Darling needs to find a clue.

Gone from complete dejection to cockeyed optimism within this single page. What will happen next? STAY TUNED!

Very impressed by the new owner so far. Saying all the right things.

Sweep the Caps!

Agree - appears the new Hurricanes owner wants to improve the overall product, both the entertainment value at the arena and the team on the ice. There is already a very strong young core - could use a consistent scoring threat. He is willing to spend some money that Karmanos was not.

He's an all-star and American hero:

i

But tonight...

giphy.gif

As a hurricanes fan, the last 3:30 of that game stunk. Noah throws a pass to the middle of the ice in his own zone so Washington can tie the game 3-3, refs miss a huge high sticking call that made Jordan bleed, and then the Caps finish em off with a game winner right before the buzzer.

No defense, playing not to lose, and effortless players did the canes in for another epic defeat. This game and the one at San Jose will probably keep them outta the playoffs. Just when you think they’re turning the corner this happens...

Upper decks are basically empty. Cool for the fans.

Back