• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NBA Draft Thread - No Deacons Drafted

Was Codi supposed to play on the TBT team? Will this interfere with that? Presumably NBA summer league is a priority.

Codi is not listed on the Wake the Nation TBT roster. Good for him getting at least a small paycheck for doing what he loves.

The fact that Gurley is the only non-Wake grad on the team makes it more believable that he really did have personal issues that caused him to leave Wake, and not basketball ones.

Was Codi supposed to play on the TBT team? Will this interfere with that? Presumably NBA summer league is a priority.

A lot of fans wanted Codi on the TBT but he never signed. My guess is he knew he had a summer league contract coming his way.

Pretty good slam of Duke in the Hardin article:

"So at least the appearance of an education is still possible for football players.
Basketball gave up that fight years ago, with academically proud Duke leading the way."

Didn’t consider the high school angle. That draft class will be loaded. 2 years of impact players.

Also lol at Crawford and Moore. Hopefully they understood this was coming and planned accordingly. I hope for their sake they go overseas immediately. They aren’t NBA players.

I don't understand the lol at Crawford and Moore

the professionals employed by WF whose job it is to give them guidance regarding their careers failed to convince them to stay at WF and best position themselves for future success; that's more sad than funny

Reactions: Ayo
If CMM can make a summer league team, then surely Crawford or Moore will. I will be anxious to see how they fair. I actually hope they get a contract (at least a 2 way) with a team next year. They didn't deserve to be drafted, and they really don't deserve to be on an NBA team, but perhaps they can fool somebody this summer :cool:

the professionals employed by WF whose job it is to give them guidance regarding their careers failed to convince them to stay at WF and best position themselves for future success; that's more sad than funny

This is an odd take. Blame the coaching staff because the player is a fool. One of the reasons I left the industry was because once I had a family to provide for (rather than just my wife and I), I couldn't imagine placing their sustenance in the hands of a 19 year old's decision making process. Kids do really dumb things. You may not think this possible, but occasionally college students decide they know better than an adult who is trying to help them. I 'lol' at Crawford and Moore because that is all you can do at this point. We all knew this was coming from the beginning, and so to see it play out exactly how we knew it was going to play out is almost so sad you have to laugh. Everything we have heard regarding this situation is that the staff attempted to persuade the two players to stay for their senior year. If both players chose not to heed the advice of their wiser coaches, thats on them, not the staff.

Last edited:

Wow, somehow I missed that post. Embarrassing, hypocritical stuff from Wrangor. Woof.

This is an odd take. Blame the coaching staff because the player is a fool. One of the reasons I left the industry was because once I had a family to provide for (rather than just my wife and I), I couldn't imagine placing their sustenance in the hands of a 19 year old's decision making process. Kids do really dumb things. You may not think this possible, but occasionally college students decide they know better than an adult who is trying to help them. I 'lol' at Crawford and Moore because that is all you can do at this point. We all knew this was coming from the beginning, and so to see it play out exactly how we knew it was going to play out is almost so sad you have to laugh. Everything we have heard regarding this situation is that the staff attempted to persuade the two players to stay for their senior year. If both players chose not to heed the advice of their wiser coaches, thats on them, not the staff.
Nice attempt to cover yourself. Pretty obvious to everyone you enjoyed Crawford and Moore not getting drafted out of spite. In the words of DeaconSig, "Wrangor is broken."

Nice attempt to cover yourself. Pretty obvious to everyone you enjoyed Crawford and Moore not getting drafted out of spite. In the words of DeaconSig, "Wrangor is broken."

This. Shameful stuff.

no, you didn't "have to" lol at Crawford and Moore, you could have moved on; instead you decide to wallow in your own misery, and inflict pain

I've seen this before...oh wait

I check back on this thread every once In A while just to see if the same people have grown tired of wallowing in their own misery. A strong contingent still preferring to inflict pain

If CMM can make a summer league team, then surely Crawford or Moore will. I will be anxious to see how they fair. I actually hope they get a contract (at least a 2 way) with a team next year. They didn't deserve to be drafted, and they really don't deserve to be on an NBA team, but perhaps they can fool somebody this summer :cool:

No. Just no. Codi has put in a shot ton of work the past two years, excelling this past year in one of the better European leagues, to even get a summer league invite.

Crawford and Moore may do the same, but even then it feels like they are both a year or two away. I could see Crawford getting there (though I don’t expect it) but it’s hard to see Moore making it in today’s NBA, no matter how much work he puts in.

no, you didn't "have to" lol at Crawford and Moore, you could have moved on; instead you decide to wallow in your own misery, and inflict pain

I've seen this before...oh wait

Meh, I am not miserable at all. Just wont ever be Moore or Crawford fans. I don't want their life to be ruined, so in that sense I hope they catch on somewhere for their sake, but as a Wake fan they burned this years team and in the process hurt their own career. I think I have a little room to mock them for that.

No. Just no. Codi has put in a shot ton of work the past two years, excelling this past year in one of the better European leagues, to even get a summer league invite.

Crawford and Moore may do the same, but even then it feels like they are both a year or two away. I could see Crawford getting there (though I don’t expect it) but it’s hard to see Moore making it in today’s NBA, no matter how much work he puts in.

I haven't kept up with Codi's Euro career, but he has my respect. He stuck through some tough years, and I hope he has a great pro career. From the sound of your comments, he seems to be doing a great job at maximizing whatever opportunity he is receiving. Thats great.

Codi has definitely improved overseas. I watched some highlights of him posted on twitter and at times he looked like Russell Westbrook attacking the basket. He always took it harder to the hoop then Crawford did, although they could both get up.

Meh, I am not miserable at all. Just wont ever be Moore or Crawford fans. I don't want their life to be ruined, so in that sense I hope they catch on somewhere for their sake, but as a Wake fan they burned this years team and in the process hurt their own career. I think I have a little room to mock them for that.

You "have a little room to mock them" because the adults talk with teaching them have failed them. They have also failed their charges for 8 years. Anyone that has contributed to ronnie's fiefdom has not done right by them. Keep laughing and playing the fiddle.

You "have a little room to mock them" because the adults talk with teaching them have failed them. They have also failed their charges for 8 years. Anyone that has contributed to ronnie's fiefdom has not done right by them. Keep laughing and playing the fiddle.

Yeah it’s Manning’s fault that he turned Moore into a double double machine, then told him not to turn pro. Sorry but I have seen too many Moore’s and Crawford’s come and go to blame the coach that the player didn’t heed the coach’s advice.

Manning has plenty to be blamed for. When he gives the correct advice and the player does the opposite that’s on the player. Crawford and Moore aren’t playing little league. They are grown men and they made a grown man decision. It just happened to be the wrong one. I don’t feel the need to cheer for Woods or Mitchell when they decided to bail on WFU and I don’t feel the need to cheer for Crawford or Moore. This wasn’t a Collins, Dino’s, CP3. Crawford and Moore essentially transferred out of the program because they were unhappy. That is certainly their prerogative but no one is going to shame me into feeling bad for their bailing on WFU and their teammates not working out for them.

Manning is most likely not the long term answer at Wake. I’m cool with that. But I’m not going to blame him for stuff that is completely out of his control. That’s crazy fan talk.

Yeah it’s Manning’s fault that he turned Moore into a double double machine, then told him not to turn pro. Sorry but I have seen too many Moore’s and Crawford’s come and go to blame the coach that the player didn’t heed the coach’s advice.

Manning has plenty to be blamed for. When he gives the correct advice and the player does the opposite that’s on the player. Crawford and Moore aren’t playing little league. They are grown men and they made a grown man decision. It just happened to be the wrong one. I don’t feel the need to cheer for Woods or Mitchell when they decided to bail on WFU and I don’t feel the need to cheer for Crawford or Moore. This wasn’t a Collins, Dino’s, CP3. Crawford and Moore essentially transferred out of the program because they were unhappy. That is certainly their prerogative but no one is going to shame me into feeling bad for their bailing on WFU and their teammates not working out for them.

Manning is most likely not the long term answer at Wake. I’m cool with that. But I’m not going to blame him for stuff that is completely out of his control. That’s crazy fan talk.

that's cool - you can be angry with those guys and lol at them and mock them for having a ceiling as a PE teacher, as you've already done

but don't then turn around and lay down the sanctimony about all the others here and their negativity

Sorry Wrangor for all the flack you're getting. Totally undeserved. It's pretty obvious that many of your critics here have no sense whatsoever of how things work in real life, and how cloaks of ideology, indignation and political correctness don't always protect you from the bad weather. There's a huge difference between self-righteous and honest.

Back