• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NCAA National Tennis Championship Thread

Ridiculous that there has been an individual stream for every match so far, except the finals.

Petros takes the 1st set, 6-3. Gojo not playing great. Petros is crushing the forehand.

Not sure NCAA can do anything right. Like a gov. Agency as no concerns for doing things with excellence.

Gojo with break in 2nd set.

Also interesting announcer said both coming back next year. Guessing just based on fact neither are seniors, but would love if he is right.

Weird to see the players and crowd so subdued for a match this big. Must feel really strange.

Terrible streaming.

And I’ve had to watch a freaking WGU advertisement a dozen times...

Noah Rubin playing well against Isner at French Open...lost 1st set 6-3, 2nd set on serve at 5-5.

Clearly Bresky is guilty of “stacking” as Petros should have been our #1 and Gojo #2 😜

Gojo didn't move great, but Petros was rolling today.

Weird match to watch; hard to get too up for great shots.

There have been a lot of complaints about the men's tennis team this year from rival schools - Wake's players are too old, too international, and make bad calls, and the line-up is stacked (meaning not the right order), and the Wake crowds are too loud, too rowdy, etc. They are clearly just upset that Wake is dominating the NCAAs.

Here's what Redlicki said after his match yesterday, "The crowd was pretty hostile, not very respectful of me, I mean cheering for all my mistakes, my double-faults, my missed first serves, in general not very classy from them."

I attended many of the matches. Any ball close to a line away from the umpire chair most players call out. I watched multiple bad calls in the Ohio State match against the team they played in the quarters. Also, regarding Redlicki comments many casual fans have no idea regarding tennis etiquette. The casual fan cheers when their team wins the point. They do not realize when to cheer and not to cheer. Bottom line any home team has this advantage.

Real bad look when you have pro players like Steve Johnson tweeting about a lack of leadership in our program

Steve Johnson is a PAC 12 homer. I also would not call him a pro. He barely sniffs the main draw of tournaments. A guy like that should know cheating/bad line calls are common in college tennis. Heck, to win 4 championships I’m sure he had his fair share of missed calls.

Brian hall did an interview with Petros after the win and he said “I’m not going anywhere.” Getting to watch him be a Deac next year will cement him as one of my favorite all-time Deacs.

Is that interview online anywhere? I couldn’t find it.

Sounds like between the match being moved indoors and the fact that the two guys likely didn’t want to face off it wasn’t exactly high energy.

Back