• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NCAA National Tennis Championship Thread

For sure Petros-Skan, Demp-Skan, Demp-Dirk all could have made a deep run and a good chance to win it all

The men's tennis team has been remarkable. Absolutely dominating from start to finish. Thanks for a storybook ending for Wake Forest sports!

Awesome to see the big hug and love between Petros and Gojo after Gojo’s win. This team seems to have really special chemistry.

The session starts at 12. Not sure who plays first though

Who are these guys trolling the Wake tennis twitter about Gojo cheating? Carolina fans?

Who are these guys trolling the Wake tennis twitter about Gojo cheating? Carolina fans?

99% chance. Pretty funny though that someone created a twitter account a couple days ago for the sole purpose of tweeting at the wake tennis page.

That video is not a good look for Wake.

yea which is annoying bc it seems not uncommon but has gone viral (unlike the similar call by the osu guy).

ultimately i’m with bmoney where this is part of the game. no different than a flopping player or receiver who pretends to catch a ball he dropped. up to the chair umps to overrule. given the penalties associated with overrules seems like an okay system. maybe have the point penalty apply on the second overrule.

yea which is annoying bc it seems not uncommon but has gone viral (unlike the similar call by the osu guy).

ultimately i’m with bmoney where this is part of the game. no different than a flopping player or receiver who pretends to catch a ball he dropped. up to the chair umps to overrule. given the penalties associated with overrules seems like an okay system. maybe have the point penalty apply on the second overrule.

I think that’s a reasonable solution, but the chair umpires are pretty weak and make a lot of errors too. The technology to solve this issue is close, but not quite there yet.

Just wanted to reiterate that Gojo was down triple match point in the second set and hit 3 straight aces to get back into the match!

Petros vs. Gojo tomorrow (Monday) at noon for the NCAA championship.

Back