• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Olsen is the best TE in the game! No snaps off! Plays on broken feet!

That's a weird take given how much value Gronk adds as a run blocker (something most of the other guys you named don't do particularly well).

Plenty of WRs are good run blockers and add value in the run game, and Olsen and Kelce add a lot of value as blockers as well. My point on those fantasy-style Tight Ends in the modern NFL is that they don't actually line up tight next to the tackle on the majority of plays .. they are split out in the slot (hence Split End, which became WR) in a more spread offense. I think of them more as WRs due to where they generally line up as opposed to a traditional TE. But you can't reclassify the label at this point because of the fantasy value that those guys bring to the traditional TE spot, whether or not they actually play it. I'm not downplaying their role and if you want to call that role TE that is fine, I'm just saying that it is somewhat disingenuous to say that Brady (or Cam, or Alex Smith) has not had a high level WR just because we are sticking to an outdated position label. All those guys line up off the line, run fast, have great hands, and catch the ball. To me they are all elite WRs.

That is a fair statement.

Leave it to the Panthers to make the Giants look like contentas.

Gutsy to play for the FG for a guy who missed a 55 yarder by 15 yards and an extra point already

Brownies win in OT on one of the ugliest made FGs I've ever seen.

I liked how Hue Jackson was holding 2 fingers up (2 seconds left), not even knowing the rules of overtime.

What are the statistical odds that one team plays in 3 OTs in their first 5 games? Or even in an entire season?

8-8 is gonna win the NFC East this year.

Seahawks lose a classic "don't interrupt you enemy while they're making a mistake" game.

Cowboys vs. Texans in the battle of Texas!

Or, conversely... Series premiere of God Friended Me!

I think I’ll just go to bed early tonight.

Back