• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Either both of the QBs suck or the defenses are great. Not sure.

Nah Watson was good, just missed opportunities in the red zone. The team with actual offensive weapons wins -- justice done.

12 of 16 teams in the AFC between 3-2 and 2-3

Why is the whole nation subjected to the Battle for Texas? Let this just be a 1:00 or 4:00 game that everyone in Texas can watch on network TV.

Because you complain to yourself at night.

At least I got an inevitable 6 pack out of this game. So I have that going for me.

Garrett is a shitty coach. Go for it in Houston territory on 4th and 1 in OT. Geez

Philly actually did the down 14 in the 4th quarter, go for 2 after the first TD thing correctly. First time I've seen an NFL coach actually do that.

They were down 14 and went for two after one TD? How does that make sense?

The win probabilities work out in your favor. Basically the upside of being down 6 instead of 7 is greater than the downside of being down 8 instead of 7.

I'm ignorant about much of the higher level stats, but I assume it also depends on the time remaining?

I'm ignorant about much of the higher level stats, but I assume it also depends on the time remaining?

To some degree. The effect is greater in the second half than the first, and the math is easier when you will only get one more possession, but in general, it's in your favor to do it any time.

didn't get his #sauce, but was watching football with a buddy this weekend and he looked up the expected points on XP kick and going for two and the difference was .02 in favor of going for two since the XP distance was increased

he argued that the expected point value would go down if teams went for two more since they currently are probably using their top 2-point plays in crucial situations

only further supports the 4th quarter down 14 strategy

I was surprised (and happy, since Carson Wentz is my FF QB) that the Eagles tried to score a TD after the Vikings made it 23-14 w/ 2:47 to go.

I thought the play was to get 3 right away so you don't waste a ton of time trying to get 7 since you need 2 scores anyway.

I guess 2:47 is enough time to get the TD and then just hope for an onside kick?

Didn't matter either way since they didn't recover... But if you get 3 right away, maybe you can get the ball back on downs without needing the onside?

Drew Brees just became the all time yardage passing leader. Great accomplishment

You're watching mebane ? Wha happened to your moral stance?

Back