• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Eli might be the worst starting QB in the NF these days. I honestly think I might rather have CJ Beathard back there.

2018 NFL Season Week 6 Superbowl Chamion Eagles visit Giants Thursday

Giants should have traded for Foles at halftime.

Giants better hope Herbert leaves early. Otherwise, Gettleman’s Barkley pick will look even dumber.

Barkley is going to have a better career than Darnold, Allen, and Rosen and I think those three will be solid to good QBs. No problem locking down the next Gurley. Just have a small window to win with a cheap elite RB.

They should just trade for Foles short term. Enough teams have their QB now that elite QBs in 2020 and beyond should fall lower than usual.

There are so many backups that would seemingly be an upgrade over ELIte, I feel like they have to make a move soon. Foles, Teddy B, Tyrod, just to name a few. Oh, and Kaep.

It goes beyond Eli. That O-Line last night was absolutely terrible. Eli took a 3-step drop and had 2 or 3 Eagles in his face. That was pathetic.

Barkley is going to have a better career than Darnold, Allen, and Rosen and I think those three will be solid to good QBs. No problem locking down the next Gurley. Just have a small window to win with a cheap elite RB.

They should just trade for Foles short term. Enough teams have their QB now that elite QBs in 2020 and beyond should fall lower than usual.

source.gif

Barkley is already the best RB in the NFL, there is no way to criticize that pick. If it truly is time to move on from ELIte, there will be another QB available where they are most likely picking to be able to pair with Saquan.

It goes beyond Eli. That O-Line last night was absolutely terrible. Eli took a 3-step drop and had 2 or 3 Eagles in his face. That was pathetic.

Right. They could have Rodgers back there and they aren't winning anything of significance with that line. I mean they just flat out cut their starting RT 5 weeks into the season. Which makes Barkley's performances that much more impressive.

Not even the Browns will be looking for a QB in 2020. The young QBs look like hits. Depends on how many olds retire. One idea is that the last decade or so of rules changes to keep QBs upright are resulting in guys like Brady and Brees staying elite in their late 30s and could result in guys like Big Ben and Rodgers playing for 5+ more years.

The Giants should go OL next draft and trade for a solid backup unless more QB prospects pan out.

Patriots
Redskins
Jaguars
Cowboys
Bills
Steelers
Titans
Bucs
Chargers
Broncos
Saints
Cardinals
Dolphins

There are plenty of teams that could potentially be looking to draft QB in 2020.

That's a high end estimate and it's only 13 out of 32 teams. That's lower than normal.

At any given time there is going to be more than one team desperate for a quarterback, then it becomes are you lucky enough that your pick corresponds to taking a quarterback, if not are you willing to give up enough to get who you want, finally are there any quarterbacks even worth taking. The supply and demand for quarterbacks is never going to change and stays pretty constant.

Regardless of how bad the line is at pass pro (it's bad), I just can't imagine having to cheer for a complete statue at QB back there. I wonder if ELIte could run a 5.5 40 right now if his life depended on it? He makes Brady look like Steve Young.

Back