• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

This is where the new catch rule backfires. That was a good defensive play and should not be a catch.

It was a good defensive play because it was a forced fumble.

Remember after the Chiefs-Rams game everyone was saying the NFL is turning into Big 12 football? These Wild Card games have been defensive slugfests.

And the Bears actually caught a break. Had the official not signaled incomplete and not blown the play dead, there were no one but Eagles there to recover.

Not one thing the officials or the announcers speaking for the officials have said about that play has been internally consistent. IMO, they ultimately put the ball in the right places, but they still seem clueless.

Think Smallwood got the 2 pt conversion when he turned his wrist up at the end.

That's one of the closest goal line plays I've ever seen.

I agree. It's very close, but you can clearly tell. It's not obscured or anything like that. Pretty amazing play.

Hard to overrule on the replay. I wonder if refs sometimes tailor (if subconsciously) their initial calls to not stop play initially, especially in light of the catch ruling in the first half.

I remember when it was hard to drive the ball down the field in less than a minute.

I've never seen a kick hit the upright AND the crossbar on the same kick.

Back