• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

With out the USA being in it , who cares ? soccer is simple run and kick . That is why so many kids play , it doesn't require great skill level like baseball

Now this is a example of bad parody usage. I mean its Monday morning and the games on right now are basically meaningless, who's jimmy's are you actually going to rustle?

Now this is a example of bad parody usage. I mean its Monday morning and the games on right now are basically meaningless, who's jimmy's are you actually going to rustle?

Yep. As drive by trolling goes, pretty weak effort. Not unlike Russia's effort today.

Great early goal from Suarez. Really hoping for a Spain-Russia matchup in the Round of 16 so that the Barca and Real boys get to see the other side of match fixing.

Yeah, now that Uruguay wiped out Russia, I'm hoping Spain wins group B so they can destroy Russia. Uruguay/Portugal will be must watch.

Spain and Portugal better try to poor it on in their games. Win the group and get a potential quarter of Russia/Croatia/Denmark vs runner up in the group and get a potential quarter of Uruguay/France/Argentina.

Spain and Portugal better try to poor it on in their games. Win the group and get a potential quarter of Russia/Croatia/Denmark vs runner up in the group and get a potential quarter of Uruguay/France/Argentina.

I mean that Russia game 1 is nice but Croatia have looked better than all three of Uruguay, France and Argentina in my opinion

I mean that Russia game 1 is nice but Croatia have looked better than all three of Uruguay, France and Argentina in my opinion

The Russia free game is worth it. Agree that Croatia has looked strong, but France was looking better in it's second game than they did their 1st, and Uruguay looked better today too. Argentina looks done - wouldn't be surprised to see Nigeria pound them. Nigeria and Cameroon both look stronger and more fun to watch than I expected.

So Spain is down 1-0 after Iniesta and Ramos can't get on the same page and gift Morocco a chance. If Iran wins 1-0 and this score holds who goes through?

Pretty sure if both current scores hold Spain still go through.

Edit: LOL that didn't take long for that question to become irrelevant.

Last edited:
GROUP B

- Portugal need a point against Iran to qualify. They can qualify with a defeat if Spain lose by a bigger margin, or if Spain lose by the same margin but score fewer goals.
- Spain need a point against Morocco to qualify. They can qualify with a defeat if Portugal lose by a bigger margin, or with a one-goal defeat if Iran/Portugal is not a draw with Iran scoring at least three more goals than Spain.
- If both Portugal and Spain lose, the team with the worse result would finish third. If both Portugal and Spain win, the team with the biggest victory would finish top. If both Portugal and Spain draw, the team with the highest-scoring draw would finish top. Spain and Portugal currently have identical records and are separated by disciplinary records (yellow/red cards). If it finishes level on goal difference it goes to Fair Play and then drawing of lots for group position.
- Iran must beat Portugal to guarantee qualification, and would go through with a draw if Spain lose to Morocco by at least two goals. They could also go through with an unlikely 4-4 draw if Spain lose 1-0.
- Current yellow cards: Iran 5, Portugal 2, Spain 1
- Morocco have been eliminated.

Back