• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

How many conference home teams lost today? Pitt; Cuse; UL; UNC...anyone else?

Unusual. This is a weird season already.

Always a good day when the Heels lose at home. I've had 52 years to fuel my intense dislike for that institution's athletics program. The willingness of the NCAA to forgo their well deserved punishment for academic malfeasance added gasoline to the bonfire. If they never win another athletic endeavor, they still will not have received their just reward.

Always a good day when the Heels lose at home. I've had 52 years to fuel my intense dislike for that institution's athletics program. The willingness of the NCAA to forgo their well deserved punishment for academic malfeasance added gasoline to the bonfire. If they never win another athletic endeavor, they still will not have received their just reward.

I never really cared for basketball until I enrolled at wake in the fall of '67 and actually had a fondness for UNC before then. After I witnessed the obvious favoritism of the refs for Carolina in our home game against them, I became a Heel hater for life - Fuck Carolina!

I never really cared for basketball until I enrolled at wake in the fall of '67 and actually had a fondness for UNC before then. After I witnessed the obvious favoritism of the refs for Carolina in our home game against them, I became a Heel hater for life - Fuck Carolina!

Right on cue my brother. Right on cue.

Then obviously you remember the "scoreboard" travesty of officiating.

Then obviously you remember the "scoreboard" travesty of officiating.

Of course...and I remember that Fred Hikel made that ridiculous call. When I heard that Fred was hit by a car years later while crossing a road, the thought crossed my mind that the driver of the car might be a Wake fan.

Okay, I take back saying VT would make the dance. Was impressed with a couple of their early games, but yesterday was woeful, even considering UVA played their best defensive game of the year. They have some nice young pieces but no one reliable outside of Nolly. Alleyne is averaging double digits, but his shooting motion is fugly. Horne must have been something like 0-10 from 3. And they have no PG. Bede was absolutely abused on both ends of the court by Clark. When you get abused that badly by Clark, you should rethink your career plans. VT has a couple of 4* wings coming in, but Young also needs to get himself a PG. And fwiw, I think Nolly will be able to leave after 2-3 years - would be surprised if he stays all 4.

Got an alert that Bracketology only has four ACC teams.

Yeah, the ACC sucks hairy moose cock this year. I think State could slip in as the 5th. VT will need a winning ACC record to have any chance. A bunch of bad teams beating and losing to a bunch of other bad teams won't help the conference after some mostly bad and unimpressive OOC schedules.

One thing I have noticed the last couple of UVA games that I was harping on earlier in the year is that they're finally actively looking for good shots earlier in the clock. I think Tony has realized Clark ain't Jerome, Brogdon or Perrantes and just can't create for himself or others late in the clock. So if you start seeing higher scoring UVA games, it's not because of good offense but rather more possessions for both teams.

Yeah, the ACC sucks hairy moose cock this year. I think State could slip in as the 5th. VT will need a winning ACC record to have any chance. A bunch of bad teams beating and losing to a bunch of other bad teams won't help the conference after some mostly bad and unimpressive OOC schedules.

One thing I have noticed the last couple of UVA games that I was harping on earlier in the year is that they're finally actively looking for good shots earlier in the clock. I think Tony has realized Clark ain't Jerome, Brogdon or Perrantes and just can't create for himself or others late in the clock. So if you start seeing higher scoring UVA games, it's not because of good offense but rather more possessions for both teams.

I think NCAA basketball in total just looks terrible this year. I think the ACC pretty much measures up where it normally does minus Carolina and Syracuse. I still think we are the best conference in college basketball, which is not good because, I agree, the ACC doesn’t look special like it normally does.

Anthony Harris (UNC) tore his ACL against Yale and is done for the year. This injury is in his right knee. He had torn the ACL in his left knee about a year ago, and had been playing well since returning to action over the last 5 games.

Recall, Anthony Harris was a Wake Forest target who committed to Virginia Tech, then left for UNC when Buzz Williams went to Texas A&M.

The lesson continues to be: If you flirt with Wake Forest and don't come to Wake Forest, you are going to get hurt. See: Harry Giles, Cole Anthony, Michael DeVoe, and now Anthony Harris.

Add Wendell Moore to the list.

I think NCAA basketball in total just looks terrible this year. I think the ACC pretty much measures up where it normally does minus Carolina and Syracuse. I still think we are the best conference in college basketball, which is not good because, I agree, the ACC doesn’t look special like it normally does.

Realize that are a number of ways to measure which conference is best. According to the composite KP ratings, the ACC is the #4 conference behind the Big 10, the Big 12 and Big East. The top 6:

- Big 10 +17.39
- Big 12 +15.74
- Big East +15.37
- ACC +12.51
- SEC +12.49
- Pac 12 +10.52

Went to the UNC/GT game. Without Cole Anthony, UNC is bad. Their guards are appalling.

Not sure where he was rated but UNC current PG Jeremiah Francis is fat and slow. Off the bench, they bring Kenny Smith's walk-on kid who doesn't belong on this level. Their two grad transfers Keeling from Charleston Southern and Justin Pierce from William and Mary are overwhelmed. Garrison Brooks is a solid inside player, but UNC used to have 4 or 5 guys like him. You can see that Bacot has talent, but he has a long way to go. Williams is right. They are the opposite of gifted. Unless Anthony makes a full recovery and carries them on his back, Carolina will have a losing record.

Back