• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Feels like it might be time to adopt Purwho as the board's Kenpom team du jour this year. Shaping up to be an interesting case at #24 in that but 11-10 in a rugged B1G

Can we still use Penn State... They were 2-4 (KP#37) in the B1G before running off three straight to move up to KP#18.

DJ Mitchell is having a good first half for Santa Clara vs. Gonzaga. Herb Sendek is the Santa Clara coach.

7 of 15 ACC teams ranked lower than #75 in KP. Woof.

If there was ever a year that a team could look mediocre despite still being bad ... and Danny can't even pull that off.

If there was ever a year that a team could look mediocre despite still being bad ... and Danny can't even pull that off.

As much as I hate us losing individual games, I would be worried about Currie not firing Manning if we had pulled out some of these wins (UVA, Clemson, Charlotte, etc) and were sitting at ~.500 in conference and well over .500 overall.

I can't see Currie pointing to ~12-19 (5-15) as "a step" over back to back 11-20 seasons.

10 regular season games left... Schedule is so easy (aside from Duke/Louisville) that we could potentially go 5-5 or 4-6. That still doesn't get us to .500. He has got to be gone. Right?

As much as I hate us losing individual games, I would be worried about Currie not firing Manning if we had pulled out some of these wins (UVA, Clemson, Charlotte, etc) and were sitting at ~.500 in conference and well over .500 overall.

I can't see Currie pointing to ~12-19 (5-15) as "a step" over back to back 11-20 seasons.

10 regular season games left... Schedule is so easy (aside from Duke/Louisville) that we could potentially go 5-5 or 4-6. That still doesn't get us to .500. He has got to be gone. Right?

We only won 3 of our last 17 last year and they kept him so who the F knows. i am no longer sure what 0-10 would do for Currie.

Maybe DM's strategy is to keep our 2nd best player on the IR so he can point to all these close games and say 'we were not at full strength'.

Just saying it's odd the Chaundee seems like he could play but he's being kept on the bench. I mean we are not saving him for our post season run. If he's really hurt that's fine, but he seems ready for the last 2-3 games. DM can hide behind the 'caution' excuse and claim his injury cost us 3-4 games.

There's your nightmare scenario.

22 of the Top 25 in action today, including a top 20 matchup of (13)Kentucky@ (18)Auburn.

Also:
Louisville @ State
FSU @ VT
Duke @ Syracuse

TCU @ my Little Baylor Bears

And of course Clemson @ Wake later tonight.

Should be a fun day of basketball!

And Villanova loses at home by 15. A couple of top 10 losses already and still early in the day.

Last edited:
Uh oh. Home losses does not bode well for Danny and the Deacs tonight.

But those are highly ranked good teams losing at home, so there's that. :thumbsup:

PNC arena looks pretty empty for a team .500 in conference play and 14-7 overall. ACC crowds have been disappointing this year. I feel like it may impact recruiting. Big 10 seems to have big crowds no matter how bad their team is. I’ve been disappointed with the ACC.

Wake is a different story though. We’ve been bad for a decade and are still able to put around 5000 people in seats. I think that’s pretty respectable if you’ve seen how bad we’ve been. A good year, with a new coach and the Joel will be packed again. That would be so awesome after the last decade of shit show after shit show, and no energy from either head coach.

Back