• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Tourney is officially over. I almost think that's just as well because no school really deserves to win a natty in the men's game. Usually, there are at least a handful of teams who stand out above all others, but this year there was just a bunch of mediocrity.

No UNC. San Diego St. and Dayton were two of the best teams. Easy decision for the NCAA.

Was looking forward to the tournament because it would've been the most wide-open and competitive NCAA field in my time of following it. Unlike college football which regurgitates the same 4 or 5 teams every season for the BCS playoff, would've been fun to have a Final 4 with some schools that had either never made it that far or haven't in a long time. Next year, we will likely be back to UNC, Duke, Michigan State and Kentucky. That bores me. Still feel like the first Thursday and Friday of the NCAAs is among the most fun days of the year. Sucks to miss that.

Was looking forward to the tournament because it would've been the most wide-open and competitive NCAA field in my time of following it. Unlike college football which regurgitates the same 4 or 5 teams every season for the BCS playoff, would've been fun to have a Final 4 with some schools that had either never made it that far or haven't in a long time. Next year, we will likely be back to UNC, Duke, Michigan State and Kentucky. That bores me. Still feel like the first Thursday and Friday of the NCAAs is among the most fun days of the year. Sucks to miss that.

Yeah, I kinda agree, but in terms of excellence, there wasn't much of that. I was looking forward to watching the big guy from Dayton. One of the other interesting things was that no ACC, SEC, B10 or Pac12 team was going to have a 1 seed. Is that the 1st time that's ever happened?

Just saw an alert that an official with the CAA tested positive for Coronavirus. The official had worked the CAA tournament earlier this week.

It will be interesting to see what Vegas stands to lose from all the unplaced bets.

Who gets hit harder? The books or the hotels? The books could have taken a bath on some upset runs but the hotels can’t make it up.

It will be interesting to see what Vegas stands to lose from all the unplaced bets.

How about the millions they have taken and have to return on futures bets?

Bet you can get a pretty good room rate in Vegas about now.

Four Wichita State hoops players entered the transfer portal today. All frosh and sophs, three averaging double figures ... what did Gregg Marshall say?

How about the millions they have taken and have to return on futures bets?

Bet you can get a pretty good room rate in Vegas about now.

Well, my wife gets offers for $29 rooms all the time across the Ceasars properties, maybe they'll be $5 offers now.

Four Wichita State hoops players entered the transfer portal today. All frosh and sophs, three averaging double figures ... what did Gregg Marshall say?
Marshall to Wake or Texas?
Or did he just drive them away? They did have crappy year and he is a volatile guy.

Last edited:
Saw Bilas on CNBC today and there was some comments about giving this year's Sr's another year of eligibility.

That's great conceptually, but someone would have to expand scholarships to allow for that to happen. Probably ripple effects from it as well.

I know this all sucks, but crap happens in life and you just can't undo it. Just look at the number of dook players that have wasted their careers by racing motorcycles or not wearing as seat belt. Sucks for them but it will suck less than the stadium worker that was trying to feed his/her family.

Our concerns for justice are truly misguided sometimes.

“Meet me in Winston-Salem.”

Well, my wife gets offers for $29 rooms all the time across the Ceasars properties, maybe they'll be $5 offers now.

Next time, ask Ceasar's if they will give you one of their Junior Executive Suites. You and the wife will have a great weekend there.

Marshall to Wake or Texas?
Or did he just drive them away? They did have crappy year and he is a volatile guy.

You can read quotes from the players... Sounds like there was a huge rift between the coaching staff and team this year. Marshall lost control. Complaints about pulling players for single mistakes and killing their confidence. I also think they didn’t like some of Marshall’s comments where he threw the players under the bus.

No telling who is at fault, but it’s definitely not because Marshall had one foot out the door.

Next time, ask Ceasar's if they will give you one of their Junior Executive Suites. You and the wife will have a great weekend there.

Not sure I want to encourage her (i.e I'm not the vegas person in this relationship). :)

You can read quotes from the players... Sounds like there was a huge rift between the coaching staff and team this year. Marshall lost control. Complaints about pulling players for single mistakes and killing their confidence. I also think they didn’t like some of Marshall’s comments where he threw the players under the bus.

No telling who is at fault, but it’s definitely not because Marshall had one foot out the door.
That's what I was suspecting. I remember some noise during the season that Marshall was having trouble with his team this year. I think I sortve read at an article about it once.
Truthfully, Wichita State has for the last couple of years been showing signs of some diminishing returns since Marshall's peak some years back. And, his reputation as a dick has only spread... now he has his first mass exodus?
Not saying it will happen, much less anytime soon, only that it could:
Despite what Gregg Marshall might think, even Gregg Marshall can get fired.

4 Wichita State players transferring including their 2nd and 3rd leading scorers...

Who gets hit harder? The books or the hotels? The books could have taken a bath on some upset runs but the hotels can’t make it up.

Why do you think they give away hotel rooms in Las Vegas ?

Brycen Goodine, Syracuse freshman guard, has put his name in the transfer portal. Notably, he hit the last second shot that gave Syracuse the win over Wake in Feb.

Back