• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

With the tournaments being cancelled, the portal has exploded. More than a few 4 stars still available.

Brycen Goodine, Syracuse freshman guard, has put his name in the transfer portal. Notably, he hit the last second shot that gave Syracuse the win over Wake in Feb.

If any of the “Old 3” should retire, it’s Boeheim. K and Roy have some top classes coming in, Jim doesn’t.

Brycen Goodine, Syracuse freshman guard, has put his name in the transfer portal. Notably, he hit the last second shot that gave Syracuse the win over Wake in Feb.

He's been joined in the portal by 3 more 'Cuse players, Carey, Washington, and Paul. I'm starting to wonder what was going on in the locker room up there. Jealousy over Buddy Boeheim? Who knows.

He's been joined in the portal by 3 more 'Cuse players, Carey, Washington, and Paul. I'm starting to wonder what was going on in the locker room up there. Jealousy over Buddy Boeheim? Who knows.

Coach leaving maybe?

Buddy Boeheim is just finishing his soph season at Syracuse. He doesn't (yet) look like early NBA material. I would expect Jim Boeheim to coach Syracuse until Buddy graduates. That would be two more seasons.

Landers Nolley transferring from VT. Devastating blow for the Hokies. He was their leading scorer and best player. Early on, looked like Nolley might be ready to jump to the NBA after this season. Looked like he was worn down by the end of the year.

Landers Nolley transferring from VT. Devastating blow for the Hokies. He was their leading scorer and best player. Early on, looked like Nolley might be ready to jump to the NBA after this season. Looked like he was worn down by the end of the year.

I don't buy the "wanting to play on the wing" reason. VT has 2 top 100 SGs coming in to add to the other guards already on the roster. Last season, nearly everyone played on the wing. It was foreshadowed by Young offering another 2020 SG about a month ago while being at the limit on schollies. It's a little surprising given that he redshirted his freshman year. How many waivers are granted this off-season will bear watching (assuming the sit out a year rule isn't scrapped as has been discussed). Nolley would have had a better chance at one last year with the change in coaches.

I'm wondering if Nolley will follow Buzz Williams to A&M. He'll have a long list of suitors... Could basically transfer anywhere he wants (aside from within the ACC).

I'm wondering if Nolley will follow Buzz Williams to A&M. He'll have a long list of suitors... Could basically transfer anywhere he wants (aside from within the ACC).

Given how Buzz raided the Hokies' 2019 recruiting class, that is a distinct possibility. Illinois would be my second guess.

Nolley is from Atlanta. Would think UGA will go hard after him (they offered Nolley out of HS).

In HS, Nolley officially visited (in addition to VT):

- UGA
- Illinois
- OK State
- UCONN (Ollie was coach)

With the evolving transfer rules, not sure the rule barring transferring from one ACC school to another still applies (Wisconsin guard Kobe King announced that he is transferring to fellow Big 10 school Nebraska last month). If not, I'm sure GT will want to be involved.

Last edited:
Georgetown reportedly getting Nolley's first visit... Though I'm not sure when that would be, nor if it is a real visit.

Georgetown reportedly getting Nolley's first visit... Though I'm not sure when that would be, nor if it is a real visit.

I'm trying to recall the last time someone on an All-ACC team transferred out that year. No one comes to mind.

I'm kinda rooting for Gtown now that Ewing is there. I'd like to see him do well.

Here is the ACC transfer list just before Wynn joined the fray:

Chris Herren Jr., 6-3, 185, G, Soph., Boston College (1.7 ppg)

Evan Cole, 6-10, 230, F, Grad, Georgia Tech (4.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg)

Asanti Price, 6-5, 175, G, Fr., Georgia Tech (2.7 ppg – 15 games)

Kristian Sjolund, 6-8, 215, F, Soph., Georgia Tech

Darius Perry, 6-2, 195, G, Grad, Louisville (5.2 ppg, 2.5 apg)

Blake Harris, 6-3, 190, G, Jr., NC State – NC A&T

Chris Doherty, 6-8, 235, PF, Soph., Notre Dame (1.0 ppg – 6 games) – NORTHEASTERN

Ryan Murphy, 6-2, 185, G, Grad, Pitt (7.6 ppg)

Jalen Carey, 6-3, 185, G, Soph., Syracuse (1.5 ppg – 2 games)

Brysen Goodine, 6-3, 185, G, Fr., Syracuse (1.9 ppg) – PROVIDENCE

Landers Nolley II, 6-7, 230, F, RS Fr., Virginia Tech (15.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg)

FWIW, the Ryan Murphy transferring from Pitt started out at Charlotte, then transferred to Pitt and apparently will play at his 3rd school. The player movement in college basketball seems to rise every year.

Back