• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Tournament teams who played at LJVM should be used to playing in an empty arena.

March Madness could be especially maddening this year
I would not bet against some games being played without fans or some host sites pulling out altogether.

I still think this could happen.

So, with bc's 20+ pt blow-out loss in the ACCT and 13-19 record, it's now a race with Wake as to who fires their coach first and gets busy "courting" new leadership.

I really like Sean McDonough. I thought he did a solid job doing MNF, a helluva lot better than Tessitorre. But he also just said “Anthony shooting from nearby Winston-Salem”, this confirms my fondness for him.

Holes got absolutely wrecked by the Cuse. Ol' Roy continues to be the most overrated coach in MBB, doing less with more like it's his job.

Monday I had Kent St, Hofstra & Ohio U. Tuesday a large play on UNC along with Hofstra and a loser on Ill-Chi. Today a loser on GW and tonight a large play on UNC along with OK St, BC, K State & Ole Miss.

Doesn't sound like you had a good day.

with the NBA and MLS suspending play, I will be very surprised if we have an NCAA tournament.

ETA: apparently the NHL is also about to announce a suspension to the season

Sorry Dayton. Sorry Gonzaga.

Last edited:
Agree that the NCAA tournament is probably the next to get canceled. Would it be possible for the NCAA to test each of the participating players, coaches and team managers before the event and then, only move forward with the tournament if everyone tests negative?

Agree that the NCAA tournament is probably the next to get canceled. Would it be possible for the NCAA to test each of the participating players, coaches and team managers before the event and then, only move forward with the tournament if everyone tests negative?

also all the arena workers, camera operators, etc. seems like that's not doable.

also all the arena workers, camera operators, etc. seems like that's not doable.

don't forget every worker at every hotel

and the folks driving the buses

and the airplane pilots / flight attendants (I assume everyone would have to fly on charters, but still)

Believe ACC has canceled as well. Hearing from some guys I used to work with that NCAA is expected to follow suit.

WF once again ahead of its time, mailing in a performance in the first game of a tournament that didn't matter anyway

Big East is the only on-going tourney. St. John's leads Creighton 13-11. This will be the last NCAA basketball game of the season; this may be the last half of the season. Weird.

Once again, the Ivies were ahead of everyone else.

watching Swofford give the announcement - they are showing a crowd of FSU supporters that looks larger than just families but IDK exactly who they let into the building

Big East is the only on-going tourney. St. John's leads Creighton 13-11. This will be the last NCAA basketball game of the season; this may be the last half of the season. Weird.

Once again, the Ivies were ahead of everyone else.

Or the first to start panicking. Play the games without the crowds. Man up, people.

Back