• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Deacon Football Preview Thread

He's not even in the slot, working on the outside (and then they want him to learn the slot). Isaiah Isaac would be the 3rd slot, Taylor Morin probably the 4th.
Groulx and Hartman will play well together one day.

Hawaii just brought in a redshirt freshman QB who led two game winning drives in his four games last year. That’s how you use the new redshirt rule.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/c...cle_3e0fc075-7109-5187-a903-ffafd56a9705.html
North Carolina is hoping 67-year-old Mack Brown can revive a sleepwalking program.

So if, indeed, Syracuse is the second-best team in the ACC, that only partly tells the current condition of the league. Because guess which schools just might be right there with the Orange. Virginia and Wake Forest. The two academic giants, once two of the worst programs in college football history, have found their footing in the shifting balance of ACC power and have emerged as legitimate conference players. Or contenders at least. You’re going to have to deal with the Cavs and the 'Hoos this year. We’ll see how it works out.

I’ll deal with the Cavs but there’s no way I’m dealing with the Hoos too.

I like the shoulders on the new jerseys much more. Very clean look. I may need to order one.

I have to admit, I sort of liked the whole wrought iron logo thing. It was unique.

I am not really a fan of the shiny helmets either. From the photos, it looks like we are going with black matte helmets, which I like way better than the shiny black. The WF logo, as WFU Sports Stats on twitter pointed out as well, is a less shiny gold. Great.
However, I am not a fan of the Notre Dame shiny gold helmets. I would prefer a Boston College gold, frankly.

None of the pictures included a black jersey/black pants combo. Hope that’s not gone.

Whoa, we have all "cocaine whites" now? Big fan. Have we ever had them before?

Whoa, we have all "cocaine whites" now? Big fan. Have we ever had them before?

You don't remember 2013 when we wore all whites with the white helmet and tried to run that putrid option offense for the first half of the season?

You don't remember 2013 when we wore all whites with the white helmet and tried to run that putrid option offense for the first half of the season?

The stormtrooper look?

Army-Wake-Forest-15530.jpg

Coach's Grill in Thomasville and Lexington NC have helmets for all the ACC teams and unfortunately they have the white ones for us. Somebody from the Athletic Dept needs to send them black or gold ones.

Coach's Grill in Thomasville and Lexington NC have helmets for all the ACC teams and unfortunately they have the white ones for us. Somebody from the Athletic Dept needs to send them black or gold ones.

aggr.gif

Back