• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Deacon Football Preview Thread

I didn't want to start a new thread, but here's a nice story about former Wake football mom Fonda Bryantin the Washington Post about her efforts to prevent suicide at Uptown Charlotte parking decks and her own struggle with depression.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...es-years-signs-walls-are-trying-prevent-more/

UX65ZLEVXZHJJCACWZHXSUAHC4.jpg

Before Bryant was a volunteer for mental health initiatives, she said she experienced her own mental crisis. When she was 35 in 1995, she said her bad days worsened until she started withdrawing from other people and feeling worthless. She didn’t know she had depression then, but she felt that she could not keep living.

Bryant said she cleaned her apartment for the sake of whoever found her, and she cryptically told an aunt that she could have all of her shoes. Her aunt knew this was a warning sign, Bryant said, and got her niece involuntarily committed to inpatient mental health treatment.

Are there a lot suicides from Charlotte’s parking decks?

Was she the crazy mother of a football player?

I think her son Wes is involved with sports radio now in the Charlotte area

the organization she's on the board of for the NC chapter -- NAMI -- does good work

always liked De'Angelo

lived on the same hall as De'Angelo (and Chris Ellis and Trent Strickland) one year. good guy.

I think Wesley did some kind of like Wake preview video for the ACC (Network?).

I may also be mixed up but wasn't Wes a transfer from....want to say Florida ?

Are there a lot suicides from Charlotte’s parking decks?

Was she the crazy mother of a football player?

A parking garage had 6 suicides in 4 years. Signs on the walls are trying to prevent more.
Yankee, how many do you feel is too many?
Come on guys, mental health is not a subject to minimize.

A parking garage had 6 suicides in 4 years. Signs on the walls are trying to prevent more.
Yankee, how many do you feel is too many?
Come on guys, mental health is not a subject to minimize.

No one is minimizing mental health issues. I think a lot of people recognized that she had mental health issues and it is great that someone had her involuntarily committed so that she could get professional help. The remaining Wake basketball fans could probably use a referral before they jump off of a parking deck.

Back