• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-2021 Continental Europe Domestic Soccer MEGA Thread (GER, ESP, FRA, ITA, etc.)

Should we create one European Soccer Thread?

• Yes - all leagues including EPL

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Yes - but keep EPL separate

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - I like individual threads with little interest

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I hate soccer because God hates me

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Helluva year for Bono.

Not sure there is a more remarkable/strange achievement than the same club winning the Europa League seven times in 18 seasons

It is truly amazing.

Satisfying to hear Mourinho tried to Mourinho it out like he did the semi, but I guess Sevilla magic overcomes even that.

It is truly amazing.

Satisfying to hear Mourinho tried to Mourinho it out like he did the semi, but I guess Sevilla magic overcomes even that.
Especially, when you get as many assists from Anthony Taylor as Sevilla did. Taylor ran a masterclass in how refs can go a long way to determine the outcome of a game. He would have done well to have placed a bet on Sevilla. First, you pass out yellow cards one after another, often for minor or imaginary wrongs, only to one team (Roma). That should slow them down. Then, finally, in the 65th minute, you grudgingly and very reluctantly hand one to a Sevilla player but not without simultaneously giving yet another yellow card to a Roma player (Christante), presumably for remarking on your lack of even-handedness. Then you completely ignore a blatant handball in which the Sevilla player in the penalty area deliberately moves his hand from in front of his body to deflect the ball and then hides the guilty hand behind his back. And of course, you partner in crime in the VAR room, presumably another Englishman (Oliver maybe?) who obviously had to see the clear handball covers for you. Check out the video. Then, you fail to give a much-warranted second yellow to a Sevilla player who had already bloodied Roma's Ibanez with an elbow so badly that he was given stitches to his face right on the field. Given two pretty even teams on a neutral field, that should just about do it. And it did. Congratulations all around. Way to go UEFA! A great and memorable day for English refereeing!

Especially, when you get as many assists from Anthony Taylor as Sevilla did. Taylor ran a masterclass in how refs can go a long way to determine the outcome of a game. He would have done well to have placed a bet on Sevilla. First, you pass out yellow cards one after another, often for minor or imaginary wrongs, only to one team (Roma). That should slow them down. Then, finally, in the 65th minute, you grudgingly and very reluctantly hand one to a Sevilla player but not without simultaneously giving yet another yellow card to a Roma player (Christante), presumably for remarking on your lack of even-handedness. Then you completely ignore a blatant handball in which the Sevilla player in the penalty area deliberately moves his hand from in front of his body to deflect the ball and then hides the guilty hand behind his back. And of course, you partner in crime in the VAR room, presumably another Englishman (Oliver maybe?) who obviously had to see the clear handball covers for you. Check out the video. Then, you fail to give a much-warranted second yellow to a Sevilla player who had already bloodied Roma's Ibanez with an elbow so badly that he was given stitches to his face right on the field. Given two pretty even teams on a neutral field, that should just about do it. And it did. Congratulations all around. Way to go UEFA! A great and memorable day for English refereeing!
wow. that's pretty high level conspiracy stuff right there.

OK OldGould. I disagree with the way Mourinho confronted the ref, even though he had ample cause. But answer me one question:

How is this terrible reffing ever going to change?

Oh I don't care or have a strong feeling on it, and I didn't watch yesterday; I think most of them are terrible, I just wanted to post the video of Mourinho being Mourinho.

quick look at transfermarkt shows they're buying him at $7.5M with a $12M valuation

the way the club buys low and sells high -- or positions themselves for under-market buys -- is crazy

I don't know of any team that gets more for less -- highest paid player is like 150th in bundesliga

no idea if it's elite scouting or incredible player development or both but they have a real knack for it -- curious what they do with champions league upcoming

quick look at transfermarkt shows they're buying him at $7.5M with a $12M valuation

the way the club buys low and sells high -- or positions themselves for under-market buys -- is crazy

I don't know of any team that gets more for less -- highest paid player is like 150th in bundesliga

no idea if it's elite scouting or incredible player development or both but they have a real knack for it -- curious what they do with champions league upcoming
how does transfermarkt determine someone's valuation ?

As long as they keep Danilho Doekhi and his name rings around the ground again.

I thought there was something more recent, but maybe not.

But while the arguments are all considered, detailed and informed, and while the decisions are checked and crosschecked, the system is — ultimately — human. “There is no algorithm or spreadsheet,” Lintz said. “It is a qualitative approach. We weigh arguments, meet with our moderators, find a compromise.”

Last edited:
Back