• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

Thanks for the link Dkin. Strange to be a 'goheels' one but glad to have it.

UNC's on-campus stadium had a renovation a few years back and they played (and streamed) all of their home games from the Cary complex. It actually makes a decent amount of sense to use their knowledge of the hookups and such for these streams.

Regarding the counter, I've got two thoughts:

1) I wonder if Kentucky can sustain the high intensity press, given that this is a mid-week game where teams haven't had those this year. Definitely could see us holding more possession as the game goes on, and I think we saw that to some extent in the latter stages of the first half.

2) Two years ago against Indiana in the season opener, Bobby essentially junked the normal possession strat and went to more of a direct counter under similar circumstances, and it worked quite well (since it played against the scouting report, and we typically have plenty of speed up front). It's not entirely unprecedented, even if it's not exactly our normal MO. IIRC, the only player on our current team that played that game was Kyle (and Aristotle, I guess), who got the game-winner in OT.

Last edited:
ffs, not our best work closing that game out. survive and advance, though. let's goooooooooooooooooooo. Holes next

my deacs

deacs were really sliding around out there -- didn't seem to be a problem for Kentucky

The boys made it a little too interesting for me at the end, but it all worked out. When do we play the goats?

Back