• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags, Jets, Falcons and Lions are the teams ahead of us who’d want QBs. Dolphins, Bengals and maybe Eagles (if they lose) don’t.

Lots of teams that may trade up too. Washington, SF, Chicago could all draft a qb

I have seen a handful of mocks with the Jets taking Sewell, though after Fields performance Friday, I’m not sure that will happen.

Fields will not slip past the Falcons at 4. The ONLY shot at Fields is Jets going Sewell then trading for the Dolphins pick.

But the Jets watched the same game we did this weekend. Fields is going #2

Feel pretty good about #8 or #7. Either we get a QB of the future in Lance, the top MLB, a lockdown CB, a stud LT, the top TE, or replace Samuel with a national champion WR.

Looks like D.J. Moore will finish the season 9th or 10th among NFL WR's in receiving yards, depending on how big of a second half McLaurin has.

Feel pretty good about #8 or #7. Either we get a QB of the future in Lance, the top MLB, a lockdown CB, a stud LT, the top TE, or replace Samuel with a national champion WR.

Largely agree with this now, except the TE (Pitts) part. Kelce was a 3rd rounder, Kittle a 5th. I doubt Pitts has a better career than those guys. 1st round TEs that come to mind haven’t worked out or haven’t had the impact as expected (OJ Howard, Hurst, Ebron has been alright)

Agreed, I'm passing on Pitts, but we are guaranteed a defensive stud or QB.

Well I had been pretty firmly in the let's improve the talent around Teddy (new lineman) and with a solid D he can wins games camp, but I'm out after yesterday. I know the Saints are good but he was absolutely terrible even when he had time in the pocket. 100% not the guy

Our QB coach is interviewing to be LSU OC. Worked under Brady there. Hopefully we have someone good lined up to coach the new QB.

Well I had been pretty firmly in the let's improve the talent around Teddy (new lineman) and with a solid D he can wins games camp, but I'm out after yesterday. I know the Saints are good but he was absolutely terrible even when he had time in the pocket. 100% not the guy

What’s frustrating to me is that this was the most predictable and likely outcome. So if we knew this was who Teddy was, and we knew it was going to unfold like this, why even mess with it. A mediocre bridge to mediocrity.

I still think this is a QB for Carolina at #8. Agree with others that, if Fields has a good performance against Bama, he's going #2. I'm guessing Sewell to Mia and Parsons to Atl. I see Det as the more likely to draft a QB this year. The other QB needy teams are 12 SF, 14 Min and 15 NE. They'd have to trade up big time to leap y'all and Det. If your staff falls in love with Wilson and not Lance, you probably have to go up and get him at #5 or 6. As for the other positions, I've been reading that this is a bad CB and S class. And if Surtain is really the best CB, I'm guessing that's true - I wouldn't spend a top 10 pick on him. I was also watching the Bama LT Sat nite and don't think he's in the same league with Sewell, and he's probably the #2 OT off the board. I really like Pitts, but do you really want to spend a top 10 pick on a TE? And I'm guessing that Parsons, Chase and Smith go 4, 5 and 6. There is a drop off at the non-QB positions after those guys. QB due diligence with Wilson, Lance and maybe Jones is going to be the call.

What’s frustrating to me is that this was the most predictable and likely outcome. So if we knew this was who Teddy was, and we knew it was going to unfold like this, why even mess with it. A mediocre bridge to mediocrity.

It was a Charlotte Hornets signing

i dunno i think Pitts is a can't miss (on talent only, no idea on the work ethic / coachability). i would skip QB i just don't think there's anything compelling after top 2. draft sage in 4th, newman in 5th, let teddy start season, turn reigns over to Newman throwing to Surratt around game 5, profit. in all seriousness moore, sage and pitts would be pretty baller line up.

I still think this is a QB for Carolina at #8. Agree with others that, if Fields has a good performance against Bama, he's going #2. I'm guessing Sewell to Mia and Parsons to Atl. I see Det as the more likely to draft a QB this year. The other QB needy teams are 12 SF, 14 Min and 15 NE. They'd have to trade up big time to leap y'all and Det. If your staff falls in love with Wilson and not Lance, you probably have to go up and get him at #5 or 6. As for the other positions, I've been reading that this is a bad CB and S class. And if Surtain is really the best CB, I'm guessing that's true - I wouldn't spend a top 10 pick on him. I was also watching the Bama LT Sat nite and don't think he's in the same league with Sewell, and he's probably the #2 OT off the board. I really like Pitts, but do you really want to spend a top 10 pick on a TE? And I'm guessing that Parsons, Chase and Smith go 4, 5 and 6. There is a drop off at the non-QB positions after those guys. QB due diligence with Wilson, Lance and maybe Jones is going to be the call.

Eagles might go QB as well. I'm 95% sure that Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson will be gone by 8. I honestly think Lance might be gone as well.

Also, there are currently 6 open HC positions in the NFL. Brady is probably on the back end of the HC shortlist, so he may get a call this week. With 3-4 openings I think he's safe for another year at least, but 6 or more might bring his name into the conversation.

Also, there are currently 6 open HC positions in the NFL. Brady is probably on the back end of the HC shortlist, so he may get a call this week. With 3-4 openings I think he's safe for another year at least, but 6 or more might bring his name into the conversation.

i mean i know he's a hot name and all, but after some of the head scratching play-calling i'm not sure he's irreplaceable. i'm sure Jets fans would be super stoked to have the guy that masterminded our 5-11 season, culminating in a 5 INT performance.

We are wanting to bring in a GM who has 50/50 say in personnel decisions split with Rhule. Based on all the Temple guys, saw this coming.

Putting alot of eggs in the Rhule basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back