• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that Brady nailed his Houston interview but there are concerns over experience

Caserio will be the GM in Houston.

Not sure that Watson should feel calmed by this hire. NE has not drafted well the last 5-6 years. I think the only impact players taken in that period have been the left side of the OL and Winovich. And is he going to prefer a NE guy for HC?

McMoron has Fields falling to NE at 15. That has to be a troll job.

I saw that. I don't think the top 4 QBs last past the top 10. I can see a team preferring Wilson over Fields because he is a more consistent passer. But Fields has had enough really good games over the last 2 years to warrant a top 10 pick.

It's gonna be Trey Lance, no point in reading those mocks moving forward.

I'll be disappointed if we don't take a QB but would understand taking Parsons or a CB, but I will hate drafting an offensive skill player w/ our first rounder

Pitts.

Seems like an outlandish mock draft to get people subscribe to ESPN+.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/202...s-zach-wilson-justin-fields-full-list-top-ten

I don't mean to sound too abstract here, because I know you COULD say this about any skill position, but TE's really seem to be a product of the scheme. Nothing against Pitts, but if Rhule intended to make TE a focal point of the offense, then it didn't make much sense to let Greg go on his way in. Greg is kind of a perfect example: didn't do much in Chicago, all pro in Carolina. Jimmy Graham? Best TE in the league in NO, nothing in Seattle. I could list more but you get my point. Aside from the fact that I think it'd be a waste of a pick this high, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless I misread what we were trying to do this year, and TE is the key that will unlock the rest of the offense.

All that to say: You don't take a TE this high unless you plan on him being your #1 receiver.

Last edited:
2020 Carolina Panthers - 2021 NFL Draft talk (RIP Kevin Greene)

Right. And we have a RB who will get 100 catches if healthy and two top WR. Greg and Wesley Walls are two of my favorite Panthers of all time. I’d love to get another great TE. But not in the 1st.

Not sure what happens with Manhertz. He’s not going to be a #1 TE. But he’s a fine blocker as a #2. There are some decent enough free agent TEs but I don’t know if we have the cap space for them. It’s not worth it for a guy who will be 4th or 5th in receptions at best.

Ian Thomas has yet another year on his rookie deal. He had 20 catches.

My guess is we resign Manhertz, and Colin Thompson (and Temple guy) gets a chance to start. If this draft goes well, TE becomes a priority in the 2022 draft.

Last edited:
hell no

the texans can have #8, CMC, Teddy, and a pic of your mom

A huge Watson trade is the only way the Texans aren’t staring down the barrel of a 7 - 10 year long playoff drought. Those Tunsel and Hopkins trades were horrendous.

Here's a question. Would you give up CMC + 2021 1st + 2021 3rd + 2022 2nd for Watson?

Here's a question. Would you give up CMC + 2021 1st + 2021 3rd + 2022 2nd for Watson?

Yes, now this one is a no brainer imo. NFL RB is the most replaceable position in all of sports. NFL QB is the most valuable position in all of sports.

You instalock this trade in if given the chance (Texans say no 100/100 times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back