• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this trade haul compare to what it would take to move up for someone like Wilson or Fields?

Based on the trade value chart, we'd have to give up a 2nd and 3rd to move up to #3 or a next year's 1st to move up to #2.

That trade looks like what I'd expect. I think you do it if you can get Houston to give up a this year 3rd instead of a next year 3rd. The idea would be that with Watson, we're making the playoffs and giving up late picks anyway.

Based on the trade value chart, we'd have to give up a 2nd and 3rd to move up to #3 or a next year's 1st to move up to #2.

That trade looks like what I'd expect. I think you do it if you can get Houston to give up a this year 3rd instead of a next year 3rd. The idea would be that with Watson, we're making the playoffs and giving up late picks anyway.

Wonder if the Jets or Dolphins would be interested in a deal then using that haul for Watson

Dolphins maybe if they think they can get a fine WR at #8. Giving Miami a 2nd and 3rd would mean Miami would have #8, #18, #36, #39, #50, #73, and #81. They already have a ton of draft capital. A trade would just give them that much more.

But if you're giving up that for question marks in Wilson and Fields, why not just add two firsts and Teddy to get one of the best young QBs in the league while keeping the #73 pick?

I'd accept that trade in a heartbeat if I were the GM. No hesitation.

i agree that the panthers should take the barnwell deal in a second... im skeptical that would actually be able to get it done

i agree that the panthers should take the barnwell deal in a second... im skeptical that would actually be able to get it done

Houston doesn't have a first or second rounder this year. In that deal, they'd be getting back what they traded away from this draft and an extra firsts the next two years. They could use the Panthers 2021 and 2022 1st two trade up to #3 to get Fields or Wilson.

So they could leave this draft with Fields/Wilson vs. Teddy at QB, a 2nd, and an extra 2023 3rd.

After figuring that out, it doesn't look that great.

What Rhule is looking for in a QB. Pretty much what you expect
https://www.yahoo.com/news/matt-rhule-told-us-wants-012233855.html

“Just in general, I think you want someone who’s elitely intelligent. I think you want someone who’s a tremendous leader,” Rhule said. “I think you want someone who’s accurate. I think you want someone who has arm talent to make all the throws. And I think you want someone who has a history of making plays in crucial situations, that’s just very urgent.”

Down in Mobile, Alabama, Rhule and the offensive staff are working with three young quarterbacks: Alabama’s Jones, Wake Forest/Georgia’s Jamie Newman and Texas A&M’s Kellan Mond.

After a mixed day Tuesday, Jones spent extra time on the field after practice despite most of his teammates walking off and looked sharp in Wednesday’s practice.

2020 Carolina Panthers - New GM Scott Fitterer (Seahawks VP of Football Operations)

So a smart, clutch QB with a rocket arm and top notch leadership skills. Sounds good.

Seriously though, he did leave off mobile, so I guess that’s something.

So a smart, clutch QB with a rocket arm and top notch leadership skills. Sounds good.

Seriously though, he did leave off mobile, so I guess that’s something.

Yeah that has been my question mark, what type of QB does Rhule (not Brady), want?

That could answer whether we even consider Stafford, who is a statue in the pocket.

Yeah that has been my question mark, what type of QB does Rhule (not Brady), want?

That could answer whether we even consider Stafford, who is a statue in the pocket.

Or Lance v Mac Jones. The latter could def be ours in the draft. Maybe that’s why Tepper was there yesterday.

If you're getting Watson, I do think it's more likely that it would be in a 3 way trade, most likely with NYJ. I just don't see Houston having any interest in Bridgewater or Darnold. NYJ could decide they're happy with Darnold over Wilson and trade down to increas their draft haul.

rivera would have just stuck with teddy b for a decade

Seems like Newman is really sucking it up at senior bowl practice

And Boogie is crushing it. I would imagine in Newman and Lance's case that it would be VERY difficult to sit out a year and still be accurate and on time with the ball. Like when you take an extended break from golf and your short game falls apart. Jamie will likely fall a lot further than he probably should for sitting out, just bc I expect him to struggle in the senior bowl and pro day.

Last edited:
...if playing football is good preparation for playing football? Yeah.

anybody who saw jaime Newman play in the pinstripe bowl should not be shocked that he is struggling in senior bowl prep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back