• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. This is the first time in years I've looked at the draft day depth chart and have no idea who many of them are.

Best case is 8-8 behind a fun high power offense and mercurial defense.

Yeah I am thinking 6-10 with us losing a lot of close games late because the defense doesn't hold.

Diggs falling to us here is probably best case scenario. Day 1 starter at CB, we need it.

Like the Brown pick, though I'm really high on Simmons because of his versatility. And yeah, Delpit or Diggs would be solid here.

The general consensus seems to be that Brown is a fine player, but a giant, run stuffing nose tackle with unproven pass rushing isn't what you usually take at 7, and it's not what the Panthers need.

I still don't mind it though. We weren't going to be competitive this year, so I'm fine stowing away someone who seems like a sure thing for better days. And like someone mentioned earlier, we have by far the slowest QB's for any division in the league, for at least a little while longer.

lots of good secondary players available... i'd be ok with diggs, delpit, fulton, or mckinney

The general consensus seems to be that Brown is a fine player, but a giant, run stuffing nose tackle with unproven pass rushing isn't what you usually take at 7, and it's not what the Panthers need.

I still don't mind it though. We weren't going to be competitive this year, so I'm fine stowing away someone who seems like a sure thing for better days. And like someone mentioned earlier, we have by far the slowest QB's for any division in the league, for at least a little while longer.

Auburn played such a tough schedule last year that I got to see him on a regular basis. He may not have big sack numbers, but I think he's more than just a 2 down run stuffer. He fucks up a lot of plays. I'd rate him as a maybe better version of Haloti Ngata, who was 1 of my favorite players. Really smart kid too.

I assume this means we're mostly going to be in a 4-3. I haven't seen enough confirmation of that. Not sure what that means for Burns and the other drafted LBs who seem more geared toward a 3-4. No idea if the plan is still to move Shaq inside to replace Luke. Ideally, Burns learns to put a hand down and can be a great pass rusher.

I assume this means we're mostly going to be in a 4-3. I haven't seen enough confirmation of that. Not sure what that means for Burns and the other drafted LBs who seem more geared toward a 3-4. No idea if the plan is still to move Shaq inside to replace Luke. Ideally, Burns learns to put a hand down and can be a great pass rusher.

Burns played his last year at FSU predominantly as a 4-3 DE. I'd argue he's more valuable for the Panthers if they move to a 4-3. No clue if he can hold up against the run but he will be a better pass rusher IMO as a 4-3 DE. Will be more natural for sure.

He seems to have the tools and size. Even if he's at DE, we need another one, hopefully in the 3rd or 4th after we get a DB or two.

Didn't take Simmons because Luke is coming back in 2021. One can hope right....

Auburn played such a tough schedule last year that I got to see him on a regular basis. He may not have big sack numbers, but I think he's more than just a 2 down run stuffer. He fucks up a lot of plays. I'd rate him as a maybe better version of Haloti Ngata, who was 1 of my favorite players. Really smart kid too.

This is what I like to hear

We were the worst team in the NFL against the run last year. A massive run stuffing DT who can at least put a little pressure up the middle on these statue pocket passers in the NFC South is exactly what we need. Before last year, KK might have been the best pass rushing DT not named Aaron Donald in the NFL, and I think they should pair very well together.

So the plan was to trade back from #7 to #8 to draft the guy who was going to get picked at #9 ?

Damn its almost like hindsight is 20/20. Maybe they were looking to go back to 10-15 and quickly realized 1 of Brown, Simmons, and Henderson wouldn't be there. You also have to have a buyer to come up and make it worth trading back. Clearly no one was offering too much with the lack of trades throughout the night.

Do you understand how drafts work, Biff?

Didn't take Simmons because Luke is coming back in 2021. One can hope right....

Coming back to play for the Bills or Skins? Yeah probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back