• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah coming from Belichick that says a lot. The man does not heap praise often unless its some random special teamer nobody has heard of.

Fuck this. Am I going be rooting for the freaking Pats this season?

I am definitely pulling for Cam next season. I think I can compartmentalize that from rooting for the Patriots. Although I am scared I might secretly start rooting for New England and that thought disturbs me deeply.

Good for Cam. He is smart and a hard worker, so this is not that surprising. My only question is about Cam shoulder and throwing motion. I have not seen it, does it look normal or is it the motion he tried last year?

Cam's success in New England depends on how accurate he is. Will he be asked to complete those timing routes in small windows like Brady did, or did Belichick create an offense that plays to Cam's strengths and avoids his weakness? Brady struggled with the lack of WR talent in New England. Will Cam?

I'm rooting for him. I'll miss his child-like enthusiasm for the game. I'll feel jealous when he hands TD balls to kids in New England next year.

Last edited:
I am definitely pulling for Cam next season. I think I can compartmentalize that from rooting for the Patriots. Although I am scared I might secretly start rooting for New England and that thought disturbs me deeply.

I'm pulling for Cam. I also think both Brady and Belichick are more likable on different teams. Kinda rooting for Tampa too. But here's the problem Cam is going to run into in NE. That offense isn't exactly stacked with weapons and could be stagnant again this year. Add to that their NT Shelton and both OLBs, Collins and Van Noy left in FA, and then Hightower and Chung opted out due to the rona. The secondary is still strong, but no one on that front 7 scares you at all. They'll need Cam to be Superman to reach the playoffs.

A healthy Cam with a lack of talent on offense but good coaching is a major threat.

Good for Cam. He is smart and a hard worker, so this is not that surprising. My only question is about Cam shoulder and throwing motion. I have not seen it, does it look normal or is it the motion he tried last year?

Cam's success in New England depends on how accurate he is. Will he be asked to complete those timing routes in small windows like Brady did, or did Belichick create an offense that plays to Cam's strengths and avoids his weakness? Brady struggled with the lack of WR talent in New England. Will Cam?

I'm rooting for him. I'll miss his child-like enthusiasm for the game. I'll feel jealous when he hands TD balls to kids in New England next year.

Either way, I have no doubt Belichik will figure out how to make Cam effective if healthy.

A healthy Cam with a lack of talent on offense but good coaching is a major threat.

Maybe, especially if Harry can do something at WR and Lee can have a healthy year at WR. They have solid RBs but nothing to write home about at TE. My main point, though, is the D won't be anywhere near as good this year without those 5 starters, so they won't be winning as many games just scoring 16-20 points. I do think Cam will do more with that offense than Brady did last year because of his mobility.

Damn covid has cville all flustered with his NFL info or he would know that Lee opted out weeks ago.

Yeah, I'm all aboard for tons of reasons. Only real negative is it gives Belichick and the org and the fan base (at least) another title, but who really gives a shit if they win seven Super Bowls instead of six. Upside for Cam and his long-term perception is def worth it

you guys are transferring your wake sports self loathing over to the panthers. i wish cam no ill will but seriously? fuck the pats

Yeah I hope he has an explosive offensive year, though it will make me sad, and I hope we get those Cam moments like him talking to the defense saying, "Oh you've been watching film, huh? Well watch this!" But no, I will never cheer for the Patriots. The only exception I can see is if they end up in the SB against a division rival. Like Brady's Bucs... that would be sweet.

It helps Bills mafia is dumb and annoying and has convinced themselves that Josh Allen is good #siffitivebatsignal

you guys are transferring your wake sports self loathing over to the panthers. i wish cam no ill will but seriously? fuck the pats

Seriously. You guys will suddenly pull for the evil empire because a former Panthers QB, albeit a largely successful one until last year, now plays for them? Interesting. Not me.

Yeah I hope he has an explosive offensive year, though it will make me sad, and I hope we get those Cam moments like him talking to the defense saying, "Oh you've been watching film, huh? Well watch this!" But no, I will never cheer for the Patriots. The only exception I can see is if they end up in the SB against a division rival. Like Brady's Bucs... that would be sweet.

This is probably my favorite Cam moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back