• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to first see if Rhule is more than the next Chip Kelly.

chip kelly had a much better resume, but "experts" seem to think Rhule will translate well to the nfl

I'm not sure how our offense is going to be that much better than last year with a new scheme, a new (better) QB, a new but old LT, below average TEs, one proven WR, and McCaffrey.

But I'm sure our defense is going to suck. Hopefully Brown, Gross-Matos, Chinn, and Pride are mainstays of the rebuilt defense, along with Burns, but it's going to take some time.

Yeah, it's kind of like the Deacs in basketball, but with less intrigue. I'm interested to see what the new Panthers look like, but don't expect us to be very good.

Unfortunately I think CMC will almost single handedly win us a couple games that will push us out of the #1 draft slot - kinda like last year

Defense I’ll at least be interested to watch to see how the young guys pan out, but it’ll be bad

Unfortunately I think CMC will almost single handedly win us a couple games that will push us out of the #1 draft slot - kinda like last year

Defense I’ll at least be interested to watch to see how the young guys pan out, but it’ll be bad

It'll be interesting who wins the Lawrence Sweepstakes. Teams who will likely suck like Mia, NYJ, Cin and NYG already have their QBs. Teams who will likely suck who don't necessarily have their QBs are Jax, LVR, Det (who would trade Stafford, probably at his request), Car and maybe Was. Throw in that Rivers will likely retire, and QBs like Rodgers, Stafford and Carr could be on the trade market. And after Lawrence, the 2 other projected 1st rounders are Fields and the N Dak St kid. Should be another fun QB offseason carousel. By midseason, the biggest QB question could be why Carr built his new house right next to Gruden.

Lawrence will go #1 unless he has a career threatening injury, but I can see Fields potentially having a better pro career. Fields had better passing stats last year against better competition (higher completion %, > YPA, more TDs, fewer INTs), while also being the more talented runner. Definitely want the Panthers to suck and get one of them.

Yes I admittedly know less about Fields but from everything I’ve seen I would be happy as a Panther fan if we land one of him or Lawrence in next years draft

kind of amazing all the big name free agent signings by other teams in the South this year.

Tough to match when you have 9m+ in dead cap going to Matt Kalil this season.

One take on Around the NFL is the Panthers are one to two key injuries away from having a 1-15 type roster. Obviously CMC, but also someone like Shaq or KK goes down and the defense will be in shambles. I don’t think I can name the starting secondary

One take on Around the NFL is the Panthers are one to two key injuries away from having a 1-15 type roster. Obviously CMC, but also someone like Shaq or KK goes down and the defense will be in shambles. I don’t think I can name the starting secondary

Yeah, you're definitely in rebuild mode and should have a high pick next year. But I like what y'all did in at least the 1st 4 rounds of the draft this year. Continue to draft well and clear some cap room, and y'all could be a playoff team again in a couple of years.

Cam named Pats starter.

Belichick on Cam:

"And he's highly competitive. He always wants to do his best and do better than the guy he's competing against. Everybody is competitive but I just think there are different degrees of it. Based on what I've seen I'd put him in the top echelon of that. His competition extends way beyond the field. It's off the field. In meetings. Training and so forth. It's important to him be the first guy up the hill when we run sprints. It's important to him to be first in everything he competes in."

It's just a shame he was simply too lazy to jump on that fumble in the super bowl huh?

We have some real nimrods on this board and in this country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back