• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like DJ Moore as well! Just unfortunately don't think he'll turn into an elite WR for a good team. He'd be an awesome WR2, in my opinion. Maybe Anderson will go off and draw more attention away from DJ to let him feast.

At the 2018 NFL Combine, DJ Moore ran 4.42 40. Of the 44 WR invited, that was the 5th fastest time. Moore's time was faster than Calvin Ridley (4.43), Christian Kirk (4.47). DJ Moore has legit speed.

So your point about him having great speed is a faster guy caught him?

I won’t keep harping on DJ because I want him to do well - but IMO he’s fine, just not a top level WR

I never made a point about him having great speed. One of the other five people on this thread saying you're wrong said that. However, you can have great speed and still be caught by one of the fastest players in the league.

I like DJ Moore. I don’t think he’s a WR1 on a good offense, which is what you’re expecting with a first round pick. He’s great after the catch, and average before it. The lack of other options has padded his stats.

I like DJ Moore. I don’t think he’s a WR1 on a good offense, which is what you’re expecting with a first round pick. He’s great after the catch, and average before it. The lack of other options has padded his stats.

First round receivers by year:

2015: 4- Amari Cooper
7- Kevin White
14- Davante Parker
20- Nelson Agholor
26- Breshad Perriman
29- Phillip Dorsett

2016: 15- Corey Coleman
21- Will Fuller
22- Josh Doctson
23- Laquon Treadwell

2017: 5- Corey Davis
7- Mike Williams
9- John Ross

2018: 24- Moore
26- Ridley

What about that draft history leads you to "expect" to get a "WR1 on a good offense," and how many "WR1 on a good offense" are out there? Six? Eight?

You can make a similar list of quarterbacks taken in the first round and then tell me I’m wrong for expecting a first rounder to be a solid starter. If you take a WR in the first round, the expectation is he will be a WR1. My use of the phrase “on a good offense” was due to the fact that, currently, Moore is a WR1, by default.

You can make a similar list of quarterbacks taken in the first round and then tell me I’m wrong for expecting a first rounder to be a solid starter. If you take a WR in the first round, the expectation is he will be a WR1. My use of the phrase “on a good offense” was due to the fact that, currently, Moore is a WR1, by default.
You did not answer either question

Welcome to week 2 where we argue about the legitimacy of the 2nd best player on the team. Season going about as expected.

You can’t. Most first round QBs are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back