• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine that pick going for anything less than two 1st, and three or four 2nd and 3rd over the next three seasons plus a few other lower round picks.

I can’t imagine that pick going for anything less than two 1st, and three or four 2nd and 3rd over the next three seasons plus a few other lower round picks.

Yep. Panthers should at least consider it as weird as that sounds. There's definitely a price. It will all depend on what Fields decides to do. If he's expected to be there at 3/4/5, everything changes.

Pats fan here. I couldn't watch last week (since we didn't get the game in NYC). Really enjoyed seeing Cam play tonight - he brought a very nice take to our offense - was refreshing to see him be able to get out of trouble quite a bit. Tough loss, but really liked the grit I saw from Cam and the team tonight. Think there's nothing but upside and looking forward to seeing Cam and the offense continue to grow - after only two games together, I'm very happy with what I saw tonight.

Cam's best years are behind him. Was fun to watch in 2015 and at times during other years.

Just seemed like he had to be completely healthy to win a lot. Not sure that can happen often enough as he ages on a veggie diet.

Should still give you enough highlights to make the games fun to watch but don't look for any more super bowls.

Based on a real quick 5 minute scan of the current standings/rosters/etc. I have the #tankoff down to 4 teams:

Jets
Broncos
Giants
Panthers

All other teams will win enough games to not be in the running or have freshman QBs (Bengals/Dolphins)

Outside shot that Washington joins the chat but they may win 4-5 games which would eliminate themselves from the lottery.

There's still time for a handful of other teams to have the season completely get away from them. In addition to the teams mentioned above, would add the Lions, Vikings, Eagles and Falcons as teams that could completely implode or have injuries that keep them from being competitive. Also, while the Bengals won't be looking for a QB, not matter how the season turns out, the Dolphins might. If they think that Trevor Lawrence (or Fields) is a generational talent and if they think Tua will be a perpetual injury risk, could see them going for a QB again next year.

Dr. knowell chiming in means at least 2-3 more Superbowls for Cam and the Pats, especially if he keeps showing that grit.

Nice fanbase you boys have built here. Bravo.

Red Zone is the shit, however.

Eh- I have shit to do. I'm not going out of my way to watch a craptastic team who doesn't value winning.

To further confess, I haven't watched much Wake basketball in the past 2 years either. I tip my hat to those who willing waste their time watching shit like that 30 days a year.

are we sure that trevor is all that?

Pretty confident he'll be a good NFL QB. tOSU homer, but not sure he'll be better than Fields.

Fields had a higher completion percentage (67.2 vs 65.8), better YPA (9.2 vs 9.0), more touchdowns (41 pass, 10 rush vs 36 pass, 9 rush), and fewer INTs (3 vs 8) against better competition...

Honestly it seems like you need to be like hall of fame good not just great if you are selected super early because it often means you are coming into an absolute shit show of an organization and more importantly a shitty coach/new coach. I feel like a lot of potential great to good quarterbacks are just destroyed by horrible coaching never to recover.

There's still time for a handful of other teams to have the season completely get away from them. In addition to the teams mentioned above, would add the Lions, Vikings, Eagles and Falcons as teams that could completely implode or have injuries that keep them from being competitive. Also, while the Bengals won't be looking for a QB, not matter how the season turns out, the Dolphins might. If they think that Trevor Lawrence (or Fields) is a generational talent and if they think Tua will be a perpetual injury risk, could see them going for a QB again next year.

Thinking Miami is going to take a QB again is wild.

Yeah. That pissed me off too. They just waited for him to get healthy and gave him a stud WR.

Just coming back around to this, are you talking about Julian Edelman? Edelman’s a good player, but Cam had comparable or better receivers for most of his years in Carolina. Hell, last night his 2nd best target was Damiere Byrd, who the Panthers let go a year ago

Just coming back around to this, are you talking about Julian Edelman? Edelman’s a good player, but Cam had comparable or better receivers for most of his years in Carolina. Hell, last night his 2nd best target was Damiere Byrd, who the Panthers let go a year ago

Good to see Byrd get another chance. Edelman would be the 2nd best WR Cam has played with behind Smitty. Who did you have in mind that was comparable or better than Edelman? KB? Funchess? Ginn Jr? Rookie DJ?

The biggest thing for Cam that seemed to be missing in a lot of years was an offensive line. The patriots offensive line is pretty good if not great.

2020 Carolina Panthers - Whatever. Watch Cam vs. Greg on SNF.

Good to see Byrd get another chance. Edelman would be the 2nd best WR Cam has played with behind Smitty. Who did you have in mind that was comparable or better than Edelman? KB? Funchess? Ginn Jr? Rookie DJ?

He’s good, he’s not a “stud”. He only has three 1000 yard seasons in 10 years with Tom Brady. Cam did much more with Olsen. I’m not trying to nitpick, but you phrased it as if Edelman was some enormous talent that would allow Cam to finally flourish, when in reality, Edelman is the one good receiver on an offensive roster that’s very thin on talent.

If anything, it’s McDaniels at OC and the Pats offensive line that is vastly superior to anything Cam ever had here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back