• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Panthers should at least consider it as weird as that sounds. There's definitely a price. It will all depend on what Fields decides to do. If he's expected to be there at 3/4/5, everything changes.

I would have supported that trade last offseason. Truth is we are going to be in rebuilding mode for CMC's prime. If anything holding onto him slows down the rebuild.

2020 Carolina Panthers - Whatever. Watch Cam vs. Greg on SNF.

He’s good, he’s not a “stud”. He only has three 1000 yard seasons in 10 years with Tom Brady. Cam did much more with Olsen. I’m not trying to nitpick, but you phrased it as if Edelman was some enormous talent that would allow Cam to finally flourish, when in reality, Edelman is the one good receiver on an offensive roster that’s very thin on talent.

Yet Edelman is the best WR Cam has had since Smitty was kicked out of Charlotte.

There are upgrades all over the offense. Definitely.

cam is good

i wish him the best

teddy b is lame

i think trevor will be great, but he's so annoying that it is hard for me to hope we get him whole heartedly

I know, but I'm so ready to matter again.

Why does this franchise get rid of so many of its beloved players?

I want a team with talent and personality/identity. If we can't have talent, at least some identity. To me that's part of the entertainment piece. Right now this team does have some talent but not in spades, and doesn't even have an identity. Certainly not from the coach either. Maybe in a year or two we will be the New Era Panthers.

Good post, DeacDaddy. In the modern NFL, the star players that get attention are usually QB, WR or maybe TE, edge rushers, and CB. We don’t have a star at any of those positions.

I think people are going a little overboard on Teddy B, he's only had 1 bad game and that was against a pretty good defense. As for his personality, it's an adjustment going from having a flamboyant showboat QB to ...a regular QB? I'm not excited about him, but i'm certainly willing to give him a season or two to establish himself.

So should we lighten up on the Panthers given that the Raiders beat the Saints?

I think people are going a little overboard on Teddy B, he's only had 1 bad game and that was against a pretty good defense. As for his personality, it's an adjustment going from having a flamboyant showboat QB to ...a regular QB? I'm not excited about him, but i'm certainly willing to give him a season or two to establish himself.

People are complaining about his personality? WGAF if he can play, which remains to be seen I agree.

Why does this franchise get rid of so many of its beloved players?

Because that's what good teams do. It's not a charity. You don't keep beloved players around and keep paying them when they're no long worth it. Look at New England and how many good players they've dumped or let go over the years, then compare that to the Marty Hurney contract extensions in his first go-round.

There’s middle ground between giving them massive Hurney contracts and dumping them. One option is assessing their worth and negotiating contracts that accurately reflect it. Another is not letting them go until we have a good replacement on the roster.

Y'all need to chill. The best college QB to come out of college since Cam or Luck plays 90 miles south of Charlotte and will be available in the draft the spring. Slashing salaries and going 0-16 this year should be plan under the new coach. Give him Lawrence and a blank slate.

And if there is ever a season to tank aggressively this is it. It is not like you are cheating the fans out of their money.

Y'all need to chill. The best college QB to come out of college since Cam or Luck plays 90 miles south of Charlotte and will be available in the draft the spring. Slashing salaries and going 0-16 this year should be plan under the new coach. Give him Lawrence and a blank slate.

And if there is ever a season to tank aggressively this is it. It is not like you are cheating the fans out of their money.

TITCR

But I still like to bitch about the Panthers cutting Cam

There’s middle ground between giving them massive Hurney contracts and dumping them. One option is assessing their worth and negotiating contracts that accurately reflect it. Another is not letting them go until we have a good replacement on the roster.

Absolutely. The bold is not something we've been particularly good at.

Just out of curiosity, I looked back over some SB rosters, and the Pats have parted ways with notable players like Brady, Corey Dillon, Deion Branch, Gronk, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Nate Solder, Ty Law, Troy Brown, Malcolm Butler, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Chandler Johnes, Asante Samuel, Willie McGinest, and Adam Vinatieri. Bruschi and Light appear to be among the few to go out on their own terms. It's the nature of the business.

The other problem with being really good for so long as well as having a HOF coach is that players end up being inflated in value and end up getting paid massive contracts elsewhere that the team won’t touch, no nostalgia needed when a player wants a shit ton of money you don’t have.

Absolutely. The bold is not something we've been particularly good at.

Just out of curiosity, I looked back over some SB rosters, and the Pats have parted ways with notable players like Brady, Corey Dillon, Deion Branch, Gronk, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Nate Solder, Ty Law, Troy Brown, Malcolm Butler, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Chandler Johnes, Asante Samuel, Willie McGinest, and Adam Vinatieri. Bruschi and Light appear to be among the few to go out on their own terms. It's the nature of the business.

How many of those guys were let go by the patriots rather than leaving as a FA?

This name made me do a double take when I saw it listed on a Carolinas Golf Association qualifier results board today:

CUT

Brenton Bersin

Charlotte, NC

+1

Looks like he missed qualifying for the tournament by 1 shot, bummer (just like I did last week!)

2020 Carolina Panthers - Whatever. Watch Cam vs. Greg on SNF.

Nice way to slip in a relevant humble brag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back