• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why they're a better team. We had a small margin of error. We needed a great game from Cam and to make so many crucial plays just to barely win.

And the fact that they beat you ass three times this season. Jeez Diggler take off the poon colored glasses.

I'm never gonna feel bad for sCam or Buick Riviera, but the Panthers just have gaping holes in the roster. The team as currently composed just can't compete with elite teams even when great Cam shows up.

No true WR1, Olsen is old and hurt, Stewart is done, avg to worse than avg secondary. P impressive they scraped together the season they did on the backs of Cam and Luke.

They have won despite front office.

The Falcons fans get it. Why can't the front office?

I'm never gonna feel bad for sCam or Buick Riviera, but the Panthers just have gaping holes in the roster. The team as currently composed just can't compete with elite teams even when great Cam shows up.

No true WR1, Olsen is old and hurt, Stewart is done, avg to worse than avg secondary. P impressive they scraped together the season they did on the backs of Cam and Luke.

We were 4-4 against playoff teams with wins over Minnesota and New England. Saying we can't compete as presently constructed is over-selling it a bit. IMHO, if we can hang on to Star and Norwell I think we're a few players away (via the draft and/or FA) from being in Super Bowl contention again next year.

Last edited:
Drafting well or not well swings teams from mediocre to great and vice versa.

Saints absolutely swung their season with the draft this year, Falcons did it two years ago and both teams now have multiple young cheap players that are at the top of the league at their positions.

images

Drafting well or not well swings teams from mediocre to great and vice versa.

Saints absolutely swung their season with the draft this year, Falcons did it two years ago and both teams now have multiple young cheap players that are at the top of the league at their positions.

Exactly. Meanwhile, the Panthers had two back to back poor drafts, one to fix the problem of a GM not wanting to pay good talent (KK or Star and Norman) and the other to jumpstart the offense with hybrid RB/WRs.

Yeah I agree with all of this, except the Olsen part. He was hurt this year but is still great.

Hilarious. Who's still playing again?

Also, you have to have a lead in a SB to blow one.

A. It's a Panthers thread.

B. Panthers would have had a similar result against the Rams with the way they played yesterday. NO losing to the Bucs in spectacular heartbreak fashion was the far worse result than the Panthers losing to the Falcons (for the Panthers). I probably would have rather even played @LA than NO at home.

Once again, blaming Gano is next level dumb. He missed a chippy in a 0-0 game early on. He finished 33/35 on the season. But yeah, keep on blaming the best kicker in the league this year for the loss lol.

I don't really blame anyone for the loss yesterday. Not even Clay. Crappy receivers drop passes. We played well and simply lost to a better team. I'm glad we didn't let Ingram and Kamara just run it down our throats, but challenging Brees to beat you isn't a great call either, especially when your secondary is in shambles.

Funchess did not look healthy yesterday, which was unfortunate given how well Cam was throwing the ball.

Last edited:
Yeah I was bummed we lost yesterday but the better team won. It was an entertaining game and we had our chances. Revamp for next year - hopefully by addressing the receivers and secondary while shoring up an additional spot or two on the line and signing a back to complement Christian out of the backfield.

Norwell is a must keep. The new ownership group needs to examine our Tackle situation.

Jarvis Landy is a pipe dream but is exactly what we need.

There are some decent secondary free agents hitting the market, hopefully we can make moves there.

I thought Russell Shepard was going to be sneaky good. Oh well.:noidea:

I was impressed with Christian Kirk in our bowl game. If he's a good route runner, I'd like for him to be a Panther.

Some mocks have Wake's Duke Ejiofor coming to the Panthers. Thoughts beyond homerism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back