• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the Panthers hire for the OC job is HUGE. We have thrown away a couple of Cam's best years by having Shula and by not surrounding Cam with receivers. Get a strong OC in there and get one more receiver, and the Panthers can be really good for 5-6 years.

Just checked but didn't see confirmed - is our draft slot finalized now? Seems like we should be picking 23rd

DTHXvX0WkAA27dm.jpg:large

Um, how does Mahomes and Trubisky both earn a higher draft grade than Watson? Mahomes played one week of mop-up duty, and Trubisky didn't exactly light things on fire, either. Is time actually spent on the field weighed heavily in these grades?

Seems it should be the other way around?

Why? They are trying to reward who they think is the worse team with the better draft position.

Hmm - weird. Essentially it seems that by playing the weaker schedule the Rams in this case get the benefit for the playoffs AND the draft.

They got the higher playoff seed (assuming we would have won the division at 11-5) because their conference record was better than us, I believe. If the tiebreaker had come down to strength of victory, then the Panthers would have been the #3 seed since they had the higher SOV.

If you’re a big believer in PFF rankings, only 4 1st rounders had better grades than CMC.

They got the higher playoff seed because their conference record was better than us, I believe. If the tiebreaker had come down to strength of victory, then the Panthers would have been the #3 seed since they had the higher SOV.

I get that different rules are applied to the two situations, it's just odd that that is how the draft order is determined. Seems like they should go by playoff seeding as a tiebreaker for teams eliminated in the same round with the same record

at least we didn't draft one of these awful WRs from last year's draft

good grief

It sucks that Shula got over-promoted bc I thought him and Cam really clicked when he was QB coach. It's not his fault he got thrown into a position he wasn't equipped to handle. Sometimes the way businesses/organizations work can be very frustrating.

Last edited:
2018 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread: ShuLATER

What are some examples of coaches hiring their old head coach to work under them? Seeing a lot of Norv Turner talk.

Last edited:
2018 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread: ShuLATER

Chud and Caldwell immediately came to mind as good fits for the jobs.

Stafford’s ascent from guy lucky to throw to Megatron to legit QB with limited weapons probably had something to do with Caldwell.

good grief

I actually think that Corey Davis is going to be really good but Tenn and that offense just gave him no chance. The rest of them..... woof.

Norv would be garbage. Hope we don't do something dumb like that

I mean he's been the best kicker in the league this season.

Saying Gano has been the best kicker in the league this season is like saying Doral Moore is the best shooter in college basketball.

His long FG of the regular season was 48 yards.

Only 1 kicker in the league missed more extra points (3) than he did.

This is good news

Turning against your neighbor?

Chud and Caldwell immediately came to mind as good fits for the jobs.

Stafford’s ascent from guy lucky to throw to Megatron to legit QB with limited weapons probably had something to do with Caldwell.

Good point re Stafford. I would think Caldwell gets a HC job, but if not, I'd love for him to mentor Cam. He could teach him a lot on and off the field. Cam put in good work in 2011 - learning the playbook and QB camping during the lockout - and I'd like to see that much effort again to tighten up his mechanics.

good grief

I'm not really sure what they're going on with their receivers. Engram as a 42? I guess it's possible he was missing blocks all season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back