• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by "long gone" ? Like 10-15 picks ? I doubt it. He may be gone, but not long gone when we draft at #24.

He's 5'11". Definitely not a Top 15 or even Top 20 pick.

Kiper has him at #26 to the Falcons and there's plenty of talk of him as a Day Two pick.

I like Kirk, but really hope we don't draft him because he's the same size as Samuel and McCaffrey and we need a taller guy with speed on the outside, not just a guy who can beat out Damiere Byrd.

OBJ and Antonio Brown are 5-11. I have no problem with a legit 5-11 playmaker.

Kirk is a level above Samuel and Byrd. Just imagine he’s 2 inches bigger than he actually is. Can’t be too difficult. It’s what your wife does.

If the new GM's first draft pick cements the Panthers's status as the smallest WR corps in NFL history while Olsen limps toward retirement, I'll be glad to have Gettlehurney retake the reins.

Did anyone read the Emmanuel Sanders article? Thoughts there? Apparently he's said publicly he wants to play in Dallas, if not in Denver, but sounds like the Panthers and Broncos are in discussions.

Also, it sounds like they may not pick up the option on Demaryius Thomas (which would result in $12 and $17.5 million dollar cap hits the next two years). He'd probably want a big deal in FA, though.

What do you mean by "long gone" ? Like 10-15 picks ? I doubt it. He may be gone, but not long gone when we draft at #24.

He's 5'11". Definitely not a Top 15 or even Top 20 pick.

Kiper has him at #26 to the Falcons and there's plenty of talk of him as a Day Two pick.

I like Kirk, but really hope we don't draft him because he's the same size as Samuel and McCaffrey and we need a taller guy with speed on the outside, not just a guy who can beat out Damiere Byrd.

Yea the size thing would have me worried. I don't think Kirk or the kid from Bama are a #1 in the NFL, or at least not able to be drafted in the first round due to their size. I think they both will be good but I can't see the panthers wasting a 1st on either with the other roster issues and a high second round pick filling the same role. Interested to see what the Washington kid from OSU tests out at, he's a guy I wouldn't mind getting.

The giants hired Mike Shula lolololilolollllllllilololol

Did anyone read the Emmanuel Sanders article? Thoughts there? Apparently he's said publicly he wants to play in Dallas, if not in Denver, but sounds like the Panthers and Broncos are in discussions.

Where does it say we're in discussions? We don't have a GM right now so kinda hard for that to be going on. If you're just going off the article all that's going on there is the writer advocating for us to deal for him.

All that said I'd be down for going after Sanders, can stretch the field and is dynamic, provided his injuries last year didn't take all that away. He and Funch seem like they'd be a good duo.

Samuel just got very lucky when Norv Turner was named the OC. That could completely change the arc his career.

I kinda feel like he was coming into his own when he got hurt this year. He was having a great game against Miami when he went down

Yeah, I haven't given up on Samuel.

He was nasty at OSU in open space just like Kirk. I'm sure their measurables will be similar as well.

I really would've liked to see what Samuel would've done the rest of the season post-KB trade. He was making plays in both the ATL and Miami games, then he was knocked out for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back