• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Gordon, you locals need be friends with him and take him out for milkshakes and take him to church.

That would be unreal.

This would be a good move (especially if Gordon has cleaned up).

Would move Funchise to WR2 where he is better suited and Samuel who was coming along before injury in the slot.

So who reached out to him while we have no GM?

Maybe it was part of Lake Dawson's "master plan" he laid out in the interview? Who knows. Just came from a guy I know who is an original PSL holder and is normally pretty knowledgeable about all things PCats. I think there is a very low probability it actually happens.

Same dude also said we're kicking the tires on Revis already, which wouldn't surprise me. He's old, but would still be a big upgrade over Worley/Seymour.

Mock drafts:

Land of Ten: Carolina Panthers — Marcus Davenport, DL, UTSA
Todd McShay: Carolina Panthers — Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
CBS Sports: Carolina Panthers — James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
NFL.com: Carolina Panthers -- Mike McGlinchey - OT, Notre Dame
Walterfootball: Carolina Panthers -- Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State
SbNation: Carolina Panthers: Isaiah Wynn, G, Georgia

I do not know anything about Marcus Davenport, but I do not want another D-Lineman in this draft. Also seems like we'd be reaching with those two WR picks. I like the McGlinchey pick, but don't think he falls that far.

Side note, SBNation has Bates going 60th to the Steelers.

Last edited:
Mock drafts:

Land of Ten: Carolina Panthers — Marcus Davenport, DL, UTSA
Todd McShay: Carolina Panthers — Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
CBS Sports: Carolina Panthers — James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
NFL.com: Carolina Panthers -- Mike McGlinchey - OT, Notre Dame
Walterfootball: Carolina Panthers -- Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State

I do not know anything about Marcus Davenport, but I do not want another D-Lineman in this draft. Also seems like we'd be reaching with those two WR picks. I like the McGlinchey pick, but don't think he falls that far.

I've seen other WR's going to Carolina in the 1st, too - Michael Gallup from Colorado State and another I can't recall. With so many WR's projected to us in R1, could one of these 4-5 fall to R2?

I liked what I saw of Christian Kirk in our bowl game. Any WR we draft needs to have "excellent route runner" in his summary. We have too many WR's who can't get open already.

Although its hard to say "do not want" to Kirk after what he did to us in the bowl game, I feel like we drafted a Kirk-like player in Curtis Samuel.

However, I have heard Kirk being labeled as a "baby Odell" - so if he is anywhere close to that, I'll take it.

Heard through the rumor mill that we're kicking the tires on Josh Gordon. Doubt it happens, but would be an awesome pickup if he can stay clean (big if).

hide all the weed in charlotte now and let's do the damn thing

Although its hard to say "do not want" to Kirk after what he did to us in the bowl game, I feel like we drafted a Kirk-like player in Curtis Samuel.

However, I have heard Kirk being labeled as a "baby Odell" - so if he is anywhere close to that, I'll take it.

Samuel was a questionable pick and anything he gives us is gravy. The sooner Hurney or Dawson whoever realize that, the better. Let Samuel fight Byrd for playing time and draft a legit #1 like Kirk.

Samuel just got very lucky when Norv Turner was named the OC. That could completely change the arc his career.

Kirk will be long gone by the time we pick

What do you mean by "long gone" ? Like 10-15 picks ? I doubt it. He may be gone, but not long gone when we draft at #24.

He's 5'11". Definitely not a Top 15 or even Top 20 pick.

Kiper has him at #26 to the Falcons and there's plenty of talk of him as a Day Two pick.

I like Kirk, but really hope we don't draft him because he's the same size as Samuel and McCaffrey and we need a taller guy with speed on the outside, not just a guy who can beat out Damiere Byrd.

I'll say he'll be gone by pick 20. Someone will fall in love with a guy who could be a big-time playmaker

If Kirk is picked #1 - #19, you win.

If Kirk is picked #20 or higher, I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back