• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my reaction to seeing that too. Pretty ridiculous to assign an F+ to any draft that contained a league MVP when it wasn't a slam dunk to take him #1 overall. The rest of that draft did suck though.

A lot of us were skeptical that Cam would be a bust but we were in no position to pass on a high ceiling Heisman trophy national championship QB who looks like a DE.

I don’t know how you grade that.

Yeah I remember people (not necessarily this board, but maybe here too) getting in a tizzy about Cam skipping some pre-draft community events up in NYC, and how it was a sign of massive character flaws

Yep I remember being one of the only one among my panther friends to actually like the pick

then ERRBODY got on board once he balled out in his first game against Arizona!

A lot of us were skeptical that Cam would be a bust but we were in no position to pass on a high ceiling Heisman trophy national championship QB who looks like a DE.

I don’t know how you grade that.

Even this is revisionist history. Shows how much Cam changed the football world's mindset towards mobile QBs.

2018 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread: Hurney Named Permanent GM

Even this is revisionist history. Shows how much Cam changed the football world's mindset towards mobile QBs.

Which part is revisionist? He was the consensus top QB in the draft after Luck announced he was staying.

if you look back at draft grades almost all of them say HUGE bust potential, which isn't exactly a "can't pass on this guy at #1 everyone else would have done it" guy like Luck was.

2018 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread: Hurney Named Permanent GM

Not sure I understand.

Luck was a “sure thing.” The Colts let go of one of the all time greats for him.

Cam was a risk but as a team with no QB, we couldn’t afford to pass on him. If we had a Peyton Manning, we wouldn’t have taken Cam.

Nobody had Cam and Luck in the same category. That why we were all pissed at Luck for going back to Stanford.

Last edited:
I don't think any of the doubters anticipated Cam getting a Panther playbook during the few open days before the lockout, heading down to a QB camp in FL, and working his ass off. That put me on #teamCam. I just wish he'd do that again to clean up his mechanics.

I mean who else would we tag if not Norwell, who makes no sense with current cap space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back