• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of major injuries, I don't think i've ever seen a season turn on a midseason game like ours did in Pittsburgh. We went into that game as a contender and we've been dog shit ever since. We went into it 6-2, and we've gone 0-6 since.

no team in the NFL has ever started 6-2 and finished 6-10

Why? We lost 6 straight while Cam has been awful. I don't know if Heinicke would be any good at all, but if he plays mediocre we win some of those games and make the playoffs.

Cam gave us nothing last night. If he had managed a field goal, we are looking at overtime. I would be surprised if almost any QB is not better than this version of Cam. Only thing he can do right now is QB sneak on 3rd and 1.

Cam is still able to take more contact and buy more time against the pass rush than a non 6-5 cyborg can. With as bad as our o-line has been, it’s been crucial that he can get a couple extra seconds to escape some hits and then throw it into the dirt by his receivers’ ankles.

Seriously that game plan on offense was ridiculous. I mean if he’s that injured you’re not doing him or the team any favors by limiting the throws to 10 yard crossing routes and check downs.

Outside of major injuries, I don't think i've ever seen a season turn on a midseason game like ours did in Pittsburgh. We went into that game as a contender and we've been dog shit ever since. We went into it 6-2, and we've gone 0-6 since.

I seem to remember him taking a few huge hits to his shoulder in that game too.

The Falcons were 5-0 in 2015 then went from 6-1 to 6-7. Finished the season 8-8. That's right up there with us. They also entered our perfect season.

Why? We lost 6 straight while Cam has been awful. I don't know if Heinicke would be any good at all, but if he plays mediocre we win some of those games and make the playoffs.

Cam gave us nothing last night. If he had managed a field goal, we are looking at overtime. I would be surprised if almost any QB is not better than this version of Cam. Only thing he can do right now is QB sneak on 3rd and 1.

He can't even do that because Turner calls a pass form shotgun formation on 4th and 1 for a 20 yard sideline pass when the team is deperate to get a win and make the playoffs. Just another in a long line of piss-poor play calls by this bum who's supposed to be a genius.

He can't even do that because Turner calls a pass form shotgun formation on 4th and 1 for a 20 yard sideline pass when the team is deperate to get a win and make the playoffs. Just another in a long line of piss-poor play calls by this bum who's supposed to be a genius.

Feel like you are barking up the wrong tree if Panthers fortunes are blamed on play-calling. Mike Shula was the OC on the Super Bowl Panthers in 2015. Norv Turner was the OC when the Panthers started 6-2. Now, the QB for both those teams can't throw the ball 20 yards. Clearly, Cam is not the same QB right now.

Feel like you are barking up the wrong tree if Panthers fortunes are blamed on play-calling. Mike Shula was the OC on the Super Bowl Panthers in 2015. Norv Turner was the OC when the Panthers started 6-2. Now, the QB for both those teams can't throw the ball 20 yards. Clearly, Cam is not the same QB right now.

He was blaming Norv for calling a 20 yard sideline pass when he should know Cam is not the same QB right now.

The guy has been a bust everywhere he has been. I have no idea why he has such a good reputation. His play calling is terrible. I guess his claim to fame is he lets Cam be Cam and he gets his son a job!

Would you consider Cam for two 1sts and Jalen Ramsey?

With the QBs coming out in the next two years (particularly next year), I'd probably do 1 first rounder (#5 projected) and Ramsey.

I don’t think the NFL protects picks.

I don’t think the NFL protects picks.

NFL has done conditional draft picks. Usually based on the productivity of the player traded for a pick.

For example, if the player plays 200 snaps or gains 500 yards etc. the pick could go from a fifth to a fourth or even third round.

That’s much different than a protected pick like the NBA does.

That’s much different than a protected pick like the NBA does.

Tigerswood mentioned where the Jaguars pick was projected to be (according to their current place in the standings), I don't think he was suggesting anything like the NBA does when trading future picks.

Kuechly and Trai Turner the only Panthers Pro Bowlers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back