• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I’d rather just sit him for the year to heal up. It’s not every day you have an MVP QB come through your franchise and we’ve been lost in the QB wilderness before.
I agree. This season is toast. Let Cam rest for the remainder of the season and get healthy.

Right. Worst case scenario, Cam comes back and his arm isn’t the same. We suck and are in good position to draft Tua or Fromm.

Drafting or making a move for a QB this offseason would be dumb.

Ten yard out routes should be routine, not the limit of the passing game.

I don't think people realize how important 1st round draft picks (and rookie deals) are. There are very few people in the league I would not trade for 2 first round picks.

Right. Worst case scenario, Cam comes back and his arm isn’t the same. We suck and are in good position to draft Tua or Fromm.

Drafting or making a move for a QB this offseason would be dumb.

Well said. I wouldn't mind spending a decent amount of $$ on a decent backup though

I don't think people realize how important 1st round draft picks (and rookie deals) are. There are very few people in the league I would not trade for 2 first round picks.

On the flip side you can use those picks to go Kelvin Benjamin and Vernon Butler back to back...

Well said. I wouldn't mind spending a decent amount of $$ on a decent backup though

All the more reason to sit Cam and see if Heineke is a decent backup.

Very true!!! You can also trade up to draft a TE converted to WR, with no hands, in the 2nd round.

or draft a midget RB in the 1st then a midget WR in the 2nd and never play him despite probably being your best WR

Just got an alert that Cam might play because there's a "glimmer of hope" of making the playoffs.

Just got an alert that Cam might play because there's a "glimmer of hope" of making the playoffs.

giphy.gif

According to 538, the Panthers have less than a 1% chance of making the playoffs. To give an idea of how slim the Panthers odds are, the Redskins, with their 4th QB, and who are double digit dogs at Tennessee this Saturday, have more than an 11 times better chance at the playoffs than the Panthers (and the Redskins are not making the playoffs).

Kudos to Ron for not going to Heinicke a few weeks ago, which would have given him an excuse and certainly saved his job. Seat is hot now.

This is all about saving Rivera's job. I did see a write-up in The Athletic that said people in the organization think Tepper is going to be patient like the Steelers. I agree Tepper will likely be patient, but that will be after he hires his own coach.

You could also look at the flip side of things and say that playing a hurt Cam gives Ron an excuse.

This is all about saving Rivera's job. I did see a write-up in The Athletic that said people in the organization think Tepper is going to be patient like the Steelers. I agree Tepper will likely be patient, but that will be after he hires his own coach.

Ron is so frustratingly dumb as an in-game coach

I wish there was someway to find a coach who's sole job it would be to make strategic in-game decisions like timeout usage, when to go for it or not, etc. Ron is just not capable of doing it on the fly and I don't see how patience would ever help in this regard

If we can upgrade our personnel dept, hire some quants, and get Ron to accept what he doesn't know, then maybe this could work

I say this because I don't love any of the HC candidates out there this year

Outside of major injuries, I don't think i've ever seen a season turn on a midseason game like ours did in Pittsburgh. We went into that game as a contender and we've been dog shit ever since. We went into it 6-2, and we've gone 0-6 since.

Last edited:
Kudos to Ron for not going to Heinicke a few weeks ago, which would have given him an excuse and certainly saved his job. Seat is hot now.

Why? We lost 6 straight while Cam has been awful. I don't know if Heinicke would be any good at all, but if he plays mediocre we win some of those games and make the playoffs.

Cam gave us nothing last night. If he had managed a field goal, we are looking at overtime. I would be surprised if almost any QB is not better than this version of Cam. Only thing he can do right now is QB sneak on 3rd and 1.

Outside of major injuries, I don't think i've ever seen a season turn on a midseason game like ours did in Pittsburgh. We went into that game as a contender and we've been dog shit ever since. We went into it 6-2, and we've gone 0-6 since.

yeah and there were articles about how the Panthers weren't looking ahead to the Saints, taking one game at a time and how innovative our offense was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back