• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No WR? DJ Moore is the most promising young WR we’ve had since you Smitty.

No but you can tell he’s lost a half step and getting blocked more often.

I haven't seen enough games to comment on if he has lost half a step, but normally getting blocked more often is a product of the defensive line not doing its job. For linebackers to be the most effective, the defensive line must occupy the blockers. Considering DT has been listed as a need on the team and DE hasn't been spectacular, I would say it is safe to say the defensive line is not occupying blockers like it has in the past.

While I don’t think the sky is falling quite yet, the whiffs on the last few Gettleman drafts are gonna catch up quick. Conservatively we need a couple OL, S x 2, DE x 2, DT, probably another LB in the next two years but by then we’d be paying Cam again

Sat next to Taylor Moton at the Hornets game Friday night. Absolutely the nicest guy in the world. Super friendly and humble. He (seemed) to have no problem answering all my inane Panthers questions the entire game. But I will tell you one thing, that guy is HUGE.

I haven't seen enough games to comment on if he has lost half a step, but normally getting blocked more often is a product of the defensive line not doing its job. For linebackers to be the most effective, the defensive line must occupy the blockers. Considering DT has been listed as a need on the team and DE hasn't been spectacular, I would say it is safe to say the defensive line is not occupying blockers like it has in the past.

Yes, I have posted this exactly several times on this thread. This is the problem IMO in terms of the LBs and the defense. Poe has not been good.

If the ‘Thers can get some dudes on the DL again back 7 will look a lot better. Lot of money tied up right now on dudes who haven’t done crap this year.

I’d put Reid on a two year contract with a third rear team option. He’d be done after that. I think he’ll be better next year than he was this year.

I’d put Reid on a two year contract with a third rear team option. He’d be done after that. I think he’ll be better next year than he was this year.

Yeah. He came in off the street. He'd be better after an offseason with the team. Hopefully by the time his contract is up, Gaulden and a 2019 draft S will have locked down the back of the secondary.

And based on that article, it looks like Reid is trying to get Kaep a shot. Getting an experienced QB behind injured Cam would be nice. Was hoping Heinicke could lock it down, but looks like it won't happen.

If the ‘Thers can get some dudes on the DL again back 7 will look a lot better. Lot of money tied up right now on dudes who haven’t done crap this year.

Absolutely. That was Gettlemans MO in the past is having a fiercesome front 4 that opens up things for LBs and makes DBs look better. Poe has been a big disappointment as often looked like he was easily moved off the ball. Only 1 sack and 17 tackles for season vs. 2.5 and 39 tackles last year and Kyle Love seemed to often get more mins. than Poe in crunch time. Add to that KK was down as well with only 3 sacks compared to 7.5 prior year and Pep wayyyyyy down to 4 sacks, 4.5 TFLS and 18 tackles compared to 11/12/33 last year and you just had a much weaker D line which weakens the whole D.

Many wondered why Falcons let Poe go so easily and appears obvious now and hopefully we can get someone to fill that hole. Good news is Star Lolu had a pretty bad year himself, so not like losing him was a big deal as much as many feared.

So really need to get a big powerful presence @ DT to replace Poe and desperately need a great DE on other side of Mario Addison to really bring the pressure back that was largely missing this year. Hopefully we can cut Poe without much salary cap damage and guessing a great DE will need to come through draft as not a lot of those bouncing around.

Butler is the real issue. If he wasn’t a bust, we wouldn’t have signed Poe.

Picking a DT made some sense. Replace Star with a rookie deal. But yeah, he was a reach and turns out just not good. The next DT taken was Chris Jones for the Chiefs who has had a sack in 11 straight games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back