• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for the city though IMO and makes sense for Tepper. Natural spot to host Super Bowl and Final Four as part of the regular rotation if that happens.

A new stadium after 35 years isn’t crazy. It’s not great for the city if they foot the bill and Tepper pockets all the revenue. Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Greenville makes a strong bid either.

Linky: https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2019/07/29/Franchises/Tepper.aspx

Tepper has his eyes on the big prize: a new retractable-dome stadium in uptown Charlotte at some point in the next decade that would host the Panthers, an MLS team, a robust rotation of concerts, Final Fours and Super Bowls.

He won’t do it without taxpayer help, which he said ought to be an easy sell considering the economic impact of an expanded, year-round schedule of events.

“At some point I would make a big investment if I could get the state and others on board in a new stadium that would be great for soccer and great for football,” Tepper said.

The project does need public buy-in, he added, and it’s achievable.

“The economy’s big enough for a revenue tax, a hotel revenue increase that would go a long way to help pay for a new stadium,” Tepper said.

Not sure what this does for MLS. I 100% know they are going the PSL route for MLS tickets. Assuming MLS doesn’t go live until 2022, who would buy PSLs for a stadium that will be demolished in 5 years?

Linky: https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2019/07/29/Franchises/Tepper.aspx

Tepper has his eyes on the big prize: a new retractable-dome stadium in uptown Charlotte at some point in the next decade that would host the Panthers, an MLS team, a robust rotation of concerts, Final Fours and Super Bowls.

He won’t do it without taxpayer help, which he said ought to be an easy sell considering the economic impact of an expanded, year-round schedule of events.

“At some point I would make a big investment if I could get the state and others on board in a new stadium that would be great for soccer and great for football,” Tepper said.

“The economy’s big enough for a revenue tax, a hotel revenue increase that would go a long way to help pay for a new stadium,” Tepper said.

As long as they build the stadium in uptown Charlotte I’m good with it. Zero percent chance it goes to Greenville.

The billionaire just told the city to raise taxes to pay for a new stadium and they'll make it back from "economic impact."

The billionaire just told the city to raise taxes to pay for a new stadium and they'll make it back from "economic impact."

seems like a hotel revenue tax is pretty logical, no?

Michael Thomas gets 5 years 100 million. Julio is next.

I'm a fan of our rivals tying up big money in WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back